Various
This board is to host any non skyline related topics.

Learning Substance Painter!

Learning Substance Painter!

Postby monkeyfrogstudio » 27 Feb 2021, 21:40

Well, I've been learning to use Substance Painter. I have to admit, the software looked very daunting when I first opened it up and I put off learning it for some time. But the more I heard about it, the more I saw what others were creating in it, the more I knew I needed to get my head around this piece of software. So, I went through their introductory tutorial. They supply a model and walk you through the basics of using the software, from creating procedurally generated effects to hand painting details. Here's my end result:

Again, the model's not mine. But the work creating the materials is (based on the tutorial provided). It turns out, Substance Painter is not very daunting at all. It makes a lot of sense once you get into it. It's a great piece of software and I highly recommend it.
Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3090 ti 24GB, Windows 11 64-bit, dual monitor display
monkeyfrogstudio
Skyline Master

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer
Skill: Great creative

Re: Learning Substance Painter!

Postby SolarPortal » 28 Feb 2021, 14:56

that looks good, lets hope it looks as good in skyline :P
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Return to Various