Help with your scripting

A quick one this time.. hehehe

A quick one this time.. hehehe

Postby epsilonion » 24 Jul 2015, 15:11

I have started doing the options menu, could you tell me what file and location of the file needs to be opened/written to get the settings/save the settings for when the game is restarted.

Thank you
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Skill: Business Manager
Skill: Great creative

Re: A quick one this time.. hehehe

Postby TattieBoJangle » 24 Jul 2015, 15:27

When I done it m8 it was the SkylineSettings.ini file when you build a game that being said you will come across the problem where changing the values wont matter as the ini is dependent on the persons computers display driver.

for example say you build a game, when you run it for the first time the file SkylineSettings.ini is generated with that computers display settings then say you give that game to someone it wont work as it has your settings in the ini so it needs deleted so it is able to generate another ini with there settings.

option 1- you could write something that edits the values after the ini file has been written on the users computer but could run into problems if the paths are different like C:\ D:\ depending on where the user installs the game.

option 2- they could try and separate the options so the display has its own file.
Case: CM Storm Trooper CPU: I7 5930k X99 Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Graphics: Asus GTX 1080 Motherboard: Rampage Extreme V x99 Ram: RipJaws DDR4 3000mhz Storage: x2 SSD Crucial 500GB + x5 2TB Hdd PSU: Evga 1500w OS: Windows 10
TattieBoJangle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer
Skill: Great creative

Return to Lua Scripting