Help with your scripting

Camera error + Others

Camera error + Others

Postby epsilonion » 14 Sep 2015, 00:59

Hi,

I am trying to switch camera through a trigger again, when the fly_cam hits the trigger a script should be run with

Code: Select all
function onTrigger_Enter(hitID)
   sky.lprint("Trigger entered...");     --for debugging

camera.setActiveCamera(23);         -- 23 is the ID of the camera i want to switch to
end

and I get this error: Lua Error: camera.setActiveCamera(eid); has failed. EntityID is no longer used.

The fly_cam has a small cube attached and a ridged body is attached to the cube so it should be able to trigger the collision.

when I run in the editor and it has finished (not collided with the trigger) I have noticed the attach action does not keep the small cubes ID so the small cube is not attached to the camera and I think that's why the trigger is not detecting the collision.

Another question is camera referenced tick box in the camera properties, what does this do?

Other Bugs:

Spline Path:

When you open a previously saved scene with spline paths it does not load as you saved it, when you open the scene you have to open the spline path editor and click a node for the scene to reset to how you saved it before..
If you resave the scene after doing the above the problem still persists.

Supporting video:

Particles:
When loading a sequence of scenes such as splash screens, intro, menu.
The splash screens work fine, then it loads the intro scene and the particles I had placed on the scene don't load correctly and doesnt produced the particles I wanted..

it says particle does not exist but when you load just that one scene and play it then the particle is there its just loading one scene then another using the loadscene lua command that it says particle does not exist.

Just tried to word that better lol
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Skill: Business Manager
Skill: Great creative

Re: Camera error + Others

Postby SolarPortal » 14 Sep 2015, 12:38

Thanks for these liam :)

Attaching a static box to a moving camera won't work as the physics body will just sit in the scene.
If you go to the scene setttings, you will find out what i mean :)

I will test the command to change active camera again. I did leave this feature working when it was created, but it seems a few things have slipped over the past many months. oh well. lol more bug hunting haha :P

As for the spline path, i have had this happen to me aswell last week when working on a scene for another user.
Will try and fix it if i can find the time, but time is really stretched thin atm with all the ongoing things trying to reach this release. Many new features and old features to fix hehe :P

As for the particles, a use case might be handy, but will have to give it a go myself when loading another scene while running the game. I think this is what you mean.
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Postby epsilonion » 14 Sep 2015, 13:08

Yeah when running a scene in the editor not tried exporting it and loading the scene with the particle last..

It's not a rush for the bugs to be corrected it's just highlighting them to be put on the list
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Skill: Business Manager
Skill: Great creative

Postby SolarPortal » 14 Sep 2015, 13:21

thanks for all the testing :)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Return to Lua Scripting