Help with your scripting

No AI shooter scripts

No AI shooter scripts

Postby SpiderMack » 13 Nov 2017, 15:27

Hi

I already made some mobile games with such AI with libs i made (EQS, Goap, Cover system, sheduled raycats tasking system, object tag system and object interest valuation etc ...)

Checking Skyline example folders, there is some AI shooter folders, but files are empty or script is a copy and paste for animal fleeing example lol
Do you guys need some help about making AI shooter script ?

I got some list of ranged AI features that are needed to make a real game.
Not sure i'll got time to make it, but i'll try to start and make the first ones at least lol
And you should learn some few interesting ways of doing AI.

It will be very simple instead , but something simple you can extend with your own needs.

- Defender
defend some area (origin and radius), detect player on radius , able to shoot , able to strafe on sides

- Agressive
detect player on radius, seek the player , try to stay at some ranged distance from player, shoot , able to strife, able to look for another random position if another AI is blocking it's line of sight when trying to shoot

- Cautious
Can be Defender or attacker, but will use covers (tagged objects)

Use specific points of interest
The AI will use specific actions or specific tagged objects or positions like a turret, high positions for long rifle, stay underground positions, use specific item from specific position based on conditions or anything related to position or object tagged point of interest.

- AI Health or Shield Regen attribute

Have regen ability like the player to make it more interesting, to keep it playable it's regen will be lower and have a bigger delay than player when AI uses a cover.

- Alert system

If player is not detected, and AI spots the player , AI will automatically alert surrounding AI
Nearest AI will move to Agressive mode, farther AI will move to cautious mode or alerted state aware of player presence but keeping their position.

- very simple Faction system
team Id
SpiderMack
Skyline Expert

Skill: Concept artist
Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: Level Designer
Skill: Scripter

Re: No AI shooter scripts

Postby SolarPortal » 13 Nov 2017, 20:19

Funny you should ask this, but StarFire has just begun writing the first version of the AI shooter plus has overhauled all the other scripts to make them more adaptable and expandable to users own games. It was hard to customize the current ones :P
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer

Re: No AI shooter scripts

Postby SpiderMack » 13 Nov 2017, 21:33

SolarPortal wrote:Funny you should ask this, but StarFire has just begun writing the first version of the AI shooter plus has overhauled all the other scripts to make them more adaptable and expandable to users own games. It was hard to customize the current ones :P

Great :)
Perhaps he'll get some ready to use ones for Steam release.

Will you include traced bullets effects (sprite image or mesh moving) ?

Instead of doing only one raycast, tracer bullet is a moving raycast with some lenght.
For example a raycast with lenght = 100 units, so moving 100 units each time intervall.
When nothing is hit, you draw the tracer effect at raycast position, while when collision happens you create particle impact.
SpiderMack
Skyline Expert

Skill: Concept artist
Skill: Scripter

Return to Lua Scripting