Help with your scripting

micro scripts [SOLVED]

micro scripts [SOLVED]

Postby macklebee » 21 Sep 2013, 04:11

Hi!
I assume I am missing something obvious... but how can i view a micro script? or for that matter, create one? it supposedly is saved in a scene and not a lua file? I am just curious as i was looking at the cool effect with particle universe torches, and couldnt figure out how to access the attached micro script to the second torch.. and since it doesnt appear to have have a name i wasn't sure how to look for it. I see that i can select the micro script data and the copy/paste into script editor but was curious if there was a more direct way to view/create these...
macklebee
Skyline Novice

Re: micro scripts

Postby SolarPortal » 21 Sep 2013, 11:04

to use microscripts, you require a sceneentity in the scene.
>Attach the micro script action either through RMB + Add Microscript or in the action editor under the Misc Heading.
> When the microscript is attached as an action, a new header will appear on the scene entities property list.
> there will be 3 properties. an enable to turn the MS on and off. The open editor button and also the Microscript data which is how the data is stored.

There are currently no documentation supporting this feature.

Hope this helps :D

Note: If the microscript does not open the editor when the button is pressed. Press the play the game, then stop and try to open the editor again.
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Postby macklebee » 21 Sep 2013, 21:58

ah excellent... i knew i was missing something obvious... i was left and right clicking all over the place but apparently never on the "triggered" button... :roll:
macklebee
Skyline Novice

Postby SolarPortal » 21 Sep 2013, 22:21

lol, its good that its all up and running now :P
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer