As the venture in the realm of Shaders and materials you may encounter the odd obstacle. Please post your shader issue for the community to help.

material editor scaling texture tool.

material editor scaling texture tool.

Postby lordalmighty1 » 22 Jul 2015, 16:48

i have used this tool today for the first time :) and I love it hahaha..
it is perfect for what I need it to do lol.. who new haha.

anyways I have a question please. I resize the texture for 1 model to suit it better, is there away to make these changes to all other models using the same texture please?. I hope so, I got half way through a load of models b4 noticing the issue now I have lots to redo possibly lol. thanks in advance and sorry if this answered somewhere else or I should know it already lol.
lordalmighty1
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Skill: Great creative
Skill: Level Designer

Re: material editor scaling texture tool.

Postby SolarPortal » 22 Jul 2015, 16:55

yes, if they are the same material (i mean diffuse, normals, brightness, speculars, shiny etc..), then the new material system will be great for you. With the new system if the models reference the same material you can edit once and all other usages of that material will update.

If the model does not use the same material, then the new version of skyline will allow you to assign it and bake it back to the original mesh.

Currently you have to do this to each material you want it to have the same scale. :)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer

Re: material editor scaling texture tool.

Postby lordalmighty1 » 22 Jul 2015, 17:00

ah, ok m8 roll out the new update when ready cant wait to make use of it :D
so I have to change them all now lol. ok lots of work ahead of me but thanks for the reply :)
shouldn't take to long right hahaha (the redoing my models ) lol. least its just scaling the texture not adding mats and such to each mesh as that's all done :). thanks again and looking forwards to this update
lordalmighty1
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Skill: Great creative

Return to Shaders n Materials