anything related to UI in general, splash screens, UI widgets, input and output etc.

Qt Lua Commands

Qt Lua Commands

Postby Shando » 13 Aug 2017, 12:01

Hi All,

Just a quick question regarding the Qt Lua commands.....

I have managed to get an almost complete listing together, except for the following (where I've highlighted the bits I'm unsure of using ?? and also added my thoughts on what the parameter/return should be):

Code: Select all
qt.blockSignals ( thisEditor, ?? ) - I presume it should be a 1/0 or true/false
?? = qt.closeEditor ( thisEditor, thisEditor2 ) - I presume there is no return value, though might be nice to have one to indicate success
table = qt.getAllDirsInDirectory ( thisEditor, ?? ) - I presume this is the directory in string format - is it relative or absolute
table = qt.getAllTreeIDs ( thisEditor, ?? ) - I presume this works on a single tree widget
string = qt.getDirDialog ( thisEditor, ?? ) - I presume this opens a dialog - is it relative or absolute
string = qt.getFileInfo_AbsoluteFilePath ( thisEditor, ?? ) - I presume this is the file in string format
string = qt.getFileInfo_AbsolutePath ( thisEditor, ?? ) - I presume this is the file in string format
string = qt.getFileInfo_BaseName ( thisEditor, ?? ) - I presume this is the file in string format
string = qt.getFileInfo_path ( thisEditor, ?? ) - I presume this is the file in string format
string = qt.getFileInfo_Suffix ( thisEditor, ?? ) - I presume this is the file in string format
?? = qt.getIcon ( thisEditor, thisWidget ) - I presume this is a string containing the icon name
?? = qt.getPixmap ( thisEditor, thisWidget ) - I presume this is a string containing the pixmap name
qt.setIcon ( thisEditor, ?? ) - I presume this is the icon name in string format
qt.setIconView ( thisEditor, thisWidget, ?? ) - ??
qt.setListItemFlag ( thisEditor, ?? ) - ??
qt.setListView ( thisEditor, thisList, ?? ) - ??
qt.setTableItemFlag ( thisEditor, ?? ) - ??
qt.setTreeItemFlag ( thisEditor, ?? ) - ??

Could you please let me know what, if anything, the ?? parameters and return values are?

Also, are there any special things I should know, like certain commands only work on certain widgets?

Thanks in advance

Shando
Ryzen 7 4800H 16GB GTX1650 Win 11 64
Love, Hope, Strength http://www.lovehopestrength.co.uk
Shando
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Skill: Programmer
Skill: Scripter
Skill: Level Designer

Re: Qt Lua Commands

Postby StarFire » 13 Aug 2017, 13:16

Hi Shando,

Your thoughts are pretty close and idea for improvements can be done.
Any true/false options are passed to Lua as int 1/0

Oh and we have loads more commands as SP is creating the vegetation system on QT Lua. You can now register event listeners so you can interact with the render window correctly, just need some mesh and material commands and the scope will be huge as in what editors can be made this way. Full user custom tools ;)

We will be updating the docs and API soon so will hopefully get these commands covered for you. :D

Hannah
Dream the Journey, Live the Experience!
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Great creative
Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist

Postby Shando » 14 Aug 2017, 10:22

Hi SF,

Your thoughts are pretty close and idea for improvements can be done.
Any true/false options are passed to Lua as int 1/0

Thanks for the info.

Oh and we have loads more commands as SP is creating the vegetation system on QT Lua. You can now register event listeners so you can interact with the render window correctly, just need some mesh and material commands and the scope will be huge as in what editors can be made this way. Full user custom tools

We will be updating the docs and API soon so will hopefully get these commands covered for you.

Woohoo!! More goodies to play with :mrgreen:

Can't wait for the next major update!

Shando

PS: Any news on when the next update may be??
Shando
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Postby SolarPortal » 14 Aug 2017, 13:42

Hey Shando :)

Sorry for not posting myself just been busy in the code fixing bugs and getting the final systems in play.

This update is taking a bit more time as we are releasing it as a potential release candidate for v1.0 (excting times :P).
Lots and lots has changed and been added so it may feel like a new version entirely lol :P

Also, we are upping the version to from v0.9.8.14 -> v0.9.9.0 for the RC1 version of V1.0.
Still will be a couple weeks yet though :P
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist

Postby Shando » 15 Aug 2017, 10:05

Hey SP,

No worries, take as long as you need ( though not too long ;) )

Fixing bugs and implementing new bits in the engine is far more important, especially now that you're both so close to realising your dream!

Shando
Shando
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Return to UI