Having problems realising a certain special effect, maybe the community will have a solution. This section is open to all of your particle and other effect posts.

Snowy environment

Snowy environment

Postby Ellement » 05 Nov 2012, 14:53

I am just trying to create a snow particles , unfortunately the particle editor needs more work. i am unable to tell you why it is crashes , because it is on random basis. But if you know how to create nice particle snow , i would be very happy :0)
Ellement
Skyline Padawan

Re: Snowy environment

Postby StarFire » 05 Nov 2012, 15:58

The particle editor was designed about a year ago and only on its first revision, We intend improving it once the main scene editor is up and running correctly.

I will have a go at making a snow particle for you, this may outline the crashes you mention ; )
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Great creative
Skill: Programmer
Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer

Postby StarFire » 05 Nov 2012, 18:48

I have had a play with the particle editor and successfully created a snow particle, the editor didn't crash but I do know my way around it. We will write a simple particle tutorial soon and give the particle editor a full work out and see if we can get this version stable.

If you need to change the image: Select the particle entity in the scene list. Click on the property "RESET" button and this will send the data to the particle editor. Then go make the changes and before leaving the editor click on the save effect to disc icon.

Here is a quick image with the snow particle:

Download the particle file unzip it and put it into the Asset library/Particles folder.

snow.7z
Skyline Particle effect: Snow
(377 Bytes) Downloaded 897 times
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Great creative
Skill: Programmer
Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer

Postby Ellement » 05 Nov 2012, 20:20

wow , thank you very much , will play with it when i get back home. :0)
Ellement
Skyline Padawan

Return to Special effects