The place to post mesh,and animation related hints and problems.

Confused a little...

Confused a little...

Postby Sage1969 » 07 May 2020, 01:54

I was using some new trees made in my "Speedtree for Games" and no wind ani. shows. Speedtree doc says I must set my wind settings in my scene.

However, I did notice that trees made with my old version of ST and the skyline included trees have the animations working more or less (nice and subtle if you set to trunk and not leaves).

Does this mean things are already set in skyline. I see no docs to explain this process if I do need to do it for SL and wondering if anyone has any insight.
Sage1969
Skyline Ensen

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer
Skill: Concept artist
Skill: Great creative

Re: Confused a little...

Postby SolarPortal » 07 May 2020, 21:12

when i was doing animations, i exported the mesh and edited vertex colours to represent different motions in the new version of skyline, and from ST, i didnt use any prebaked animation or use the rigging.

The material editor tends to have the wind options on its own tab. I cant say much more for the current version and it doesnt contain what we have now. Just have to finish the Forest Tool and get some trees spraying :P But before that, upgrading the engine to use streamed textures which increases load speed and memory usage.
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Programmer

Re: Confused a little...

Postby Sage1969 » 08 May 2020, 20:20

Thanks for the info, I'm sure I'll figure it out with time. As much as ST is the same basic program each version is a little diff. in it's processes in some way.

I know there is a little wonk ingrained in the current wind system but like I was saying about setting the wind to trunk in the mat editor gives the hint of just the slightest breeze. Feels more immersive if everything slightly moves in opposing directions.

As for all the foreshadow info of things to come "Sweeeet!!" :o :D
Sage1969
Skyline Ensen

Skill: Concept artist
Skill: Great creative

Return to Mesh + Animation