The place to post mesh,and animation related hints and problems.

prb/animated characters

prb/animated characters

Postby lordalmighty1 » 15 Aug 2015, 16:11

so I followed the tut from the blog to get fuse chars into skyline :)
now for some other questions lol..

prb and animated characters, I set the animations but it seems different animations require different prb settings.
for example, if I use dynamic on a animated character its ok for some of them, but others only show the model or stop it falling through terrain if set to kinematic. is that right or a bug?. seems strange to me, like how will I change the prb on a model for all the different animations that use the different sorts of prb to remain visible and in the right place so to speak?.
lordalmighty1
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Skill: Great creative
Skill: Level Designer

Re: prb/animated characters

Postby StarFire » 15 Aug 2015, 16:21

Characters require a character controller either from an action or scripted. There are a few to choose from depending upon what you want the character to do.
I am currently writing new character scripts and a new editor to make it way easy to get any character up and running, just completing the final animal ai external script then going to move onto third person shooter and tp ai.

What do you want your character to do and be use for?

I think what is needed is a new blog on how to set up the character to be a player ;)
Dream the Journey, Live the Experience!
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Programmer
Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist

Postby lordalmighty1 » 15 Aug 2015, 16:35

well it was a zombie, I had the thought to shoot him a few times lol. like any good zombie hunter :lol:

but at the moment I was just putting the prb on so the bullets left that nice smoke and fire effect on it when shot :).
as I was going through each animation 1 by 1 to look at, have 12 total on the model. the model disappeared on 1 of them.
I had to change the prb from dynamic to kinematic to keep it in scene when testing animations.

I can send you the model and anim's and a step by step for seeing this, I have no screen recording right now since win 10. lol still not set up everything the way it was as 8.1 ;(.

I just find it strange the animations or prb are not all the same settings why would it need dynamic for 1 ani and kinematic for another?. never heard of kinematic till alittle while ago :oops:
lordalmighty1
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Postby StarFire » 15 Aug 2015, 16:44

on the prb the kinematic is an option use for elevators or when you need to manually move the object your self. Where as the dynamic is controlled via the physics engine.

Generally a zombie would need a controller so it can interact with the world. Not quite sure why it would disappear on one of the animations, yeah sling me the scene and assets and I will take a look for you. ;)
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby StarFire » 21 Aug 2015, 21:31

Hey LA nearly got you your Zombie script. To save yourself some time you can set your zombie mesh's animations in the animation mapper ready for the script and save each as a preset. I will post soon ;)
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Return to Mesh + Animation