Terrains, skys, Oceans, anything to do with the environment

Basic Scene

Basic Scene

Postby r2ks » 26 May 2019, 22:26

I noticed in some of the older videos there where a basic scene like in unity no terrain is that option still available in skyline?
r2ks
Skyline Ensen

Re: Basic Scene

Postby SolarPortal » 27 May 2019, 00:28

Yeah, the default scene has no terrain.
Skyline does need anything in the scene to work.
Default scenes can also be overwritten.

Ctrl+N is the new scene which has a default ground plane, but delete it and off you go :)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Postby r2ks » 27 May 2019, 01:41

Thank You this is what I was referring to
please see attachment it is a gray back ground
Attachments
skyline.png
skyline.png (363.9 KiB) Viewed 7248 times
r2ks
Skyline Ensen

Postby SolarPortal » 27 May 2019, 12:37

To remove the skybox, go to the environment editor and uncheck the enable skybox button to remove that. :)
Then on the scene settings tab, you can change the background colour to whatever you wish :)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Programmer

2.0 editor question

Postby Sage1969 » 01 May 2020, 05:50

I read about the possible addition of tessilation which is great but I was wondering if the terrain editor will have the ability to adjust the normal and roughness like in the material editor? Not a request just looking for a little more info.

One more...making some new maps and the terrain brush shows as what appears to be between 2 and 3 meters set on #1 smallest usable (on slider) and I have to take it up to almost a full 3 before any brush patterns to start to show any shape wasn't ver.1.0 beta finer than that? I do not remember it being such a large scale but I will work with what we have.

Hope you are all well with this darn virus lurking. :D

Take care and thanks.

p.s. The 2020 release of Quixel mixer has a new layout upgrade and the addition of being able to import and paint directly on your own custom models...sweet (the displacement brush is the greatest value). Works well so far, I am impressed and makes the whole process much easier in what is pretty much a "wysiwyg" format.

Download and update to current version as ver. 1.0 2020 had bugs on the import end but 1.2 works fine. Would like to see what you can do with their displacement brush and that pistol you have (I think I remember a bear or wolf head, maybe I am confusing it with "The Witcher" wolf. :lol:
Sage1969
Skyline Ensen

Skill: Concept artist
Skill: Great creative

Return to Environment