Skyline Editor related tips n tricks!

game schematic

game schematic

Postby cosmo » 27 Aug 2015, 10:26

Hi,
I have noticed the Game Schematic feature is now implemented. Therefore, when I click the relative icon button in the editor, the visual tool is available. :D
Is it possible to have a crash course or more detailed documentation about this great new feature?
Is it about game mechanics, like e.g. blueprints in Ue4 or Blender logic bricks, isn't it?
Thank you, goodbye!
cosmo
Skyline Initiate

Re: game schematic

Postby StarFire » 27 Aug 2015, 12:32

Ahem! cough :o :oops:
I release a patch exe for the update to the ai lua commands and forgot to rem out the open editor command for the visual mechanics :roll: This was not supposed to be released just yet as it is in final stages of development ( been on hold until we got some ai scripts for the community) :oops:
We have chatted and will up development time so the visual mechanics system can be released officially in the next major update. This dev version does work but there are a few quirks! so there may be a crash or two, as usual if there is a crash please let us know so we can look into it. ;)

Is it about game mechanics, like e.g. blueprints in Ue4 or Blender logic bricks, isn't it?

This editor is more like blueprints mixed with actions and logic bricks, there will be some very low level modules so you can build mechanics from scratch and there will be high level modules for the new users. We hope it will be a very fast and intuitive way to build game mechanics.

Is it possible to have a crash course or more detailed documentation about this great new feature?

I will set up some example graphs and a tutorial when we release it. But for now you can play with it, there are not too many modules in the library but you should be able to get some idea of how to use it in this video ;)

Dream the Journey, Live the Experience!
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Great creative
Skill: Programmer
Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer

Re: game schematic

Postby cosmo » 29 Aug 2015, 10:00

Thanks!!! :)