Skyline Editor related tips n tricks!

Virus Alert

Virus Alert

Postby kookytoons » 25 Sep 2017, 16:32

I downloaded and installed the program. I fired up the editor and it indicated Skyline Base Shaders.ark-[XOR Crypt] C:\Aurasoft UK\Skyline\Skyline\Data\Shaders and my Virus Protection software quarantined it. I am a little concerned??
kookytoons
Skyline Novice

Skill: 2D Artist

Re: Virus Alert

Postby SolarPortal » 25 Sep 2017, 17:41

We can assure you that the files you download from us are indeed virus free and it could be the type of file that its throwing an error with. The .ark is just resources that the engine loads that are encrypted to stop the files from being leaked.

If you have a virus or malware on your pc that can attack files though, then its possible they are infected due to your machine.
However, from our end and many many users, they are virus free guaranteed :)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Postby epsilonion » 25 Sep 2017, 17:46

My AV software Avast send the information to there labs when I first installed but came back as the software is fine, it does this every time I reinstall windows and my AV software.. :)

In my case it is because it is not a well known program and isn't digitally signed with a trusted root CA such as Microsoft, so it will be picked up as potential harmful software by antivirus software, that is the explanation I got back from Avast when I contacted them.

But it always comes back as been fine then Avast takes it out of the vault and lets you open the program

It is Free from any viruses and I have never had a problem with Skyline in this way once the Avast lab has gotten back to say that there is nothing wrong with it.
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Skill: Business Manager
Skill: Great creative

Postby lordalmighty1 » 25 Sep 2017, 17:49

some av softwares like to throw out false positives on softwares they don't know of. I have never had issues with the engine and viruses myself. hope this helps alittle.
lordalmighty1
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Postby TattieBoJangle » 25 Sep 2017, 18:11

I cannot really add anything that the other guys haven't said already but as someone who works with computers for a living I can say its safe and I have been using it for years, you do get false positives a lot depending on what software you use if they cant read the file it must be a virus :lol:

Anyway from the link below you can see even Unreal Engine suffers from the same problem so does visual studio the list goes on hope that helps.

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/61797/avast-free-antivirus-false-positive-unrealbuildtoo.html
Case: CM Storm Trooper CPU: I7 5930k X99 Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Graphics: Asus GTX 1080 Motherboard: Rampage Extreme V x99 Ram: RipJaws DDR4 3000mhz Storage: x2 SSD Crucial 500GB + x5 2TB Hdd PSU: Evga 1500w OS: Windows 10
TattieBoJangle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Skill: 3D Modeller

Return to Skyline Editor