Skyline Editor related tips n tricks!

New Look

New Look

Postby Ryzon » 27 Oct 2013, 16:22

After the sites worked out, my next task is to add a visual update to the skyline editor interface. I like the dark look but I think it can be cleaned up a bit to look more appealing. Using blacks, light greys, and dark silvers. With a semi monotone of white for wording it could look sleek and clean yet not killing your eyes. I know as a developer you guys were more concerned on the functions rather than the style so I want to lend a hand in that as well.
Ryzon
Skyline Padawan

Re: New Look

Postby StarFire » 27 Oct 2013, 17:44

We are very happy with the way Skylines editor looks and is developing, but there is no reason why you can not do a mock up ui in photoshop. Remember that certain layout features are a restriction on the QT system and clean functionality is required. We also do have planned some cool visual aids once the feature set is fully usable and stable.

I know as a developer you guys were more concerned on the functions rather than the style so I want to lend a hand in that as well.

LOL I have been a commissioned artist for a lot of visual work over the decades, and solar portal has had work in exhibitions. We are artists but currently time has to be divided between functionality and artistic flare ;)

Skylines core approach was from the art side and what we as artists want out of an engine.

What we do need is a complete set of icons for Skyline! ;)

edit: we dont like the silver look as this is very old school lol
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Great creative
Skill: Programmer
Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer

Postby StarFire » 27 Oct 2013, 17:50

Forgot to mention the look of Skyline is CSS based and we have planned to add a skin editor at a later time. This will then enable users to create custom skins to suit the way they prefer to work. Again this will only be necessary once we have a fully working feature set and many full time users of Skyline ;)
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby Ryzon » 27 Oct 2013, 23:29

Ah I see. Well that's cool then. I can do the icons then if that is really all it needs.
Ryzon
Skyline Padawan

Postby StarFire » 27 Oct 2013, 23:34

Yes, icons for now would be a great help to individualise Skyline. If you have any art improvements with certain ui elements please keep bringing your ideas to the table, keep the creativity flowing. As sometime a simple adjustment (subtle) can make a huge different to user experience but as for colour we will leave that for the skin editor ;)
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Return to Skyline Editor