From time to time we will inform the community of certain areas of Skyline Development. If we have decided to add a new features or new demos in development etc we will try to make a post in this topic.Feel free to leave your comments to help encourage out development team ; )

Noob with dangerous ideas!

Noob with dangerous ideas!

Postby Ryder » 24 Feb 2016, 08:13

Hi devs,

so... I was just collecting some resources (textures, sounds, tutorials, etc...) that I thought might be handy as I get up to speed with Skyline, and I thought of something that I've not seen in any software before...

Seems to me that in some place INSIDE the development environment... an editable page (not unlike a script!) might be included for the user... kind of a "notes" page... where users can edit their page(s)... making notes about bugs they find, and with active hyperlinks to resources (like the forums, or tutorials), or even to other executables (their favorite gfx programs, audio editors, etc)...

Basically one stop shopping for all external things the user might want instant access to.

I know... it's not critical by any means... but when it comes to differentiating between all the engines out there, an editable user page (and maybe a second page... saved as part of a scene... and maybe a project page as well???) might be an easy addition that really shows the user focus of the tool.

If this in unclear in any way, I'd be happy to mock up what I'm envisioning.

Ryder
"A scale model is never done. You just stop working on it."
Ryder
Skyline Apprentice

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: Scripter
Skill: Animator
Skill: Great creative

Re: Noob with dangerous ideas!

Postby SolarPortal » 24 Feb 2016, 12:16

I think i get the gist of what your saying and it could fit into an editor we have future planned. It shouldn't be too hard to create a user page. If you do want to mock one up, then that is also cool as we don't mind seeing what users are thinking even though i grasp it and it can help in aiding design or thinking about problems we will encounter the first time around :)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Postby Ryder » 25 Feb 2016, 06:45

Ok then :)

"A scale model is never done. You just stop working on it."
Ryder
Skyline Apprentice

Skill: Scripter
Skill: Animator
Skill: Great creative

Postby SolarPortal » 25 Feb 2016, 12:34

cool, nice and simple :)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Return to Skyline Development