From time to time we will inform the community of certain areas of Skyline Development. If we have decided to add a new features or new demos in development etc we will try to make a post in this topic.Feel free to leave your comments to help encourage out development team ; )

VR Skyline OSVR Intergration

VR Skyline OSVR Intergration

Postby StarFire » 10 Apr 2015, 19:55

Its look very likely that Skyline will in the next few months support OSVR. We have heard back from them and they are offering their hardware ( Razor OSVR Hacker dev kit ) to enable us to develop Skylines VR features. OSVR are going to use Skyline branding on some of their promotional press release giving us some cool exposure,Lets hope this follows through :D

We will keep this topic updated as we get news.
Dream the Journey, Live the Experience!
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Great creative
Skill: Programmer
Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer

Re: VR Skyline OSVR Intergration

Postby TattieBoJangle » 10 Apr 2015, 20:11

Nice! Razer's stuff is excellent and well built i have a good few of there stuff like keyboard, mouse, headset and i may get there vr when it comes out in June as its a good price.
Case: CM Storm Trooper CPU: I7 5930k X99 Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Graphics: Asus GTX 1080 Motherboard: Rampage Extreme V x99 Ram: RipJaws DDR4 3000mhz Storage: x2 SSD Crucial 500GB + x5 2TB Hdd PSU: Evga 1500w OS: Windows 10
TattieBoJangle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby StarFire » 10 Apr 2015, 20:15

We really hope this turns out well as we can not wait to start playing with VR and AR. there are loads of way cool features we have been dreaming about that could take hobby game development to a new level ;)
Dream the Journey, Live the Experience!
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby SolarPortal » 01 May 2015, 16:16

So far, the OSVR integration is going well on our testbed and the company seem to be keeping contact with us.
The library is integrated and initializing & deconstructing, registering interfaces & callbacks and hooking up to the OSVR Server app. Just waiting on the headsets now to test it further before integrating it into skyline itself.
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby StevenP » 01 May 2015, 17:00

From what I understand the pre-orders for the OSVR will be made available this month for shipping at the end of June. I talked my wife into getting this for Father's Day (not sure if they have this outside the US and Canada.) They are supposed to be offering a version with Leapmotion build-in. I hope the price for that version is good. Maybe I can push my luck a little and get that version instead. :D
StevenP
Skyline Apprentice

Postby SolarPortal » 07 Nov 2015, 01:34

Again, integrated in the engine and i believe they are on sale now. :)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Return to Skyline Development