Post anything here that does not fall into the other topic categories.

Animation Toggle and Gizmo

Animation Toggle and Gizmo

Postby CreativeOcclusion » 27 Jul 2015, 18:15

I noticed that when I click the Animation Toggle on the tool bar, the 3D Gizmo does not scale down as you get closer to it...I was trying to work with some particles and the Gizmo is so large that I can barely see the particle up close...I am having to get my camera inside the Gizmo to view the particle...

I just thought I would mention this since the Gizmo does work correctly in the normal scene view...Sorry, if this has already been mentioned...I could not find any mention of it in the forum search...
Thanks, CreativeOcclusion
CreativeOcclusion
Skyline Warrior

Re: Animation Toggle and Gizmo

Postby SolarPortal » 27 Jul 2015, 18:19

ok, thanks will have to check this out.

For now, if it appears stop animating or playing the game, attempt to deselect and try animating again :)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Postby CreativeOcclusion » 27 Jul 2015, 19:35

Thanks...
CreativeOcclusion
Skyline Warrior

Postby CreativeOcclusion » 03 Aug 2015, 19:38

Gizmo is so large that I can barely see the particle up close...I am having to get my camera inside the Gizmo to view the particle...

I am still having a major problem with this...It seems to work fine in the default scene, but in my game level it doesn't...I need to be able to position the particle where I want it, but the gizmo is so large that I cannot see the particle to position it...I can see the orange box, when not animating but cannot get the accurate placement that I need...I cannot understand why it works in the default scene, but not in my scene...

I am trying to position a smoke particle on the muffler pipe of a generator...I have become frustrated, so I may just go fishing...
CreativeOcclusion
Skyline Warrior

Postby SolarPortal » 03 Aug 2015, 19:57

I am sorry to hear of the frustrations skyline is causing you, and we will help you get to the bottom of this :)

1) You can try adjusting the gizmo scale in the scene settings panel. I believe it is one of the top properties. A value of 50 is the default scale. Also save your scene once it is scaled.

2) If the problem persists, please can you record a video of it working and then the scene which is broken. And please display editing in editor mode and animate mode.
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby CreativeOcclusion » 03 Aug 2015, 22:22

Will try...Thanks
CreativeOcclusion
Skyline Warrior

Postby StarFire » 15 Aug 2015, 22:09

I have managed to replicate your issue with the gizmo, animate mode. We see it when the FPS player is in the scene and you enter animate mode and go up close to the gizmo and it gets bigger. This could be due to the auto scaling of the gizmo being related to the camera distance. Some actions can use another camera and this may interfere with the gizmo visual not resizing.
Armed with this we will look at a solution ;)
Dream the Journey, Live the Experience!
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Great creative

Return to Misc