Post anything here that does not fall into the other topic categories.

Puzzled over entitie listing

Puzzled over entitie listing

Postby jcleaver » 22 Oct 2015, 21:10

I created a very simple scene. I created a terrain from a heightmap and added some trees using the vegetation portion of the terrain editor. I then added the 3rd person dynamic entity, and of course, she can walk through the trees.

I figured I would need to add physics.rigidbody to the trees, but I can not select any of the trees, nor do they show on the entity list. Neither does the terrain.

I know I am doing something wrong, but I can not figure out what.

Thanks!
jcleaver
Skyline Novice

Re: Puzzled over entitie listing

Postby SolarPortal » 22 Oct 2015, 21:20

Hi and welcome to the forums jcleaver :D We are happy to have you on this journey.

The vegetation system currently does not have the ability to put physics on the trees. You would have to place an entity with physics around the trunk manually. However, the vegetation system is about to get an overhaul creating much easier spraying and of course physics on the trunks. The PhysX version we have at the moment has a limit of 65535 rigidbodies in the scene at any one time, whereas the PhysX 3.0 that we will be adding next year has an unlimited amount i believe.

The trees are also not selectable as they are built into batches for performance reasons and rendering of large forests. This is a feature for the next vegetation system and has been requested by a few users.

The terrain is also in a phase of redevelopment and one of the changes we will make is to show the terrain in the entity list with an easy selection to open the terrain editor panel.

Skyline is in Beta, so it is constantly evolving and changing to get better features all the time, this means though at certain points that the engine has features which are lacking. We are on it though ;)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Postby jcleaver » 23 Oct 2015, 00:37

Thanks for the quick reply. Glad to know I am not doing anything wrong! lol

I look forward to the development of this great tool!

John
jcleaver
Skyline Novice

Postby SolarPortal » 23 Oct 2015, 13:06

:D
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Return to Misc