Post anything here that does not fall into the other topic categories.

When is C++ support being implemented?

When is C++ support being implemented?

Postby arnzzz » 06 Mar 2015, 19:46

Hey guys

Id just like to say this engine looks great, i think it has great potential.

BUT, until i have access to a lower level language like C++ unfortunately its going to be unusable :(

I did read somewhere that c++ was something that was going to be implemented at some point. does anybody
know when that is, or if it is even still a thing that is going to happen.

Thanks guys, either way i think ill still buy it, if only to support the devs :)
arnzzz
Skyline Novice

Re: When is C++ support being implemented?

Postby SolarPortal » 06 Mar 2015, 20:37

Hi and welcome to the Forums arnzzz :D We hope you stay with skyline and work with our helpful community.

Wow thanks for the kind words and support. :) It means a lot to us and its great to see even more interest in our engine and community :)

C++ SDK
The c++ SDK is still planned to happen and is going to give the access of integrating your own middlewares, libraries and fully extend the action/visual module system. Also we have plans of editor extensions as well.

However, it is a matter of time and demand. We need more users to warrant putting the engine through such a crucial upgrade, and even if we did; we would not be able to tackle it for another 6-18 month or so. It is designed as a future advancement of skyline that should suit the market when required. We are currently focusing on making skyline a stable platform for creating games quickly and easily with the fastest workflow possible.

What we can offer:
If you need anything specific(code, actions, lua commands, middleware, libraries) integrated or created in c++.
We will be happy to create them when we have time so all users can access and use it inside the engine or through lua script.

Note: We are also open to creating more bespoke systems if there is a larger budget involved, as it takes time out of the main development flow. If this is your interest, then please contact sales@aurasoft.co.uk

I look forward to your response. :D
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Return to Misc