Resources
Skyline resources; Third party applications, Demo Scenes, Action plug-ins, Action Scripts, Presets etc any thing that can be used by Skyline

Substance and Mixamo Add-Ons for Blender - FREE!!!

Substance and Mixamo Add-Ons for Blender - FREE!!!

Postby monkeyfrogstudio » 21 Jul 2021, 16:44

It's great news in Blender-land! Adobe has joined the Blender development fund, adding even more cash to help Blender with further development. However, there are a few other benefits:

Substance 3D add-on for Blender:
https://substance3d.adobe.com/plugins/substance-in-blender/

This allows you to use Substance materials directly in Blender. If you don't have either Substance Painter or Designer, then you can use the FREE Substance materials from the following site in your Blender projects:

https://share.substance3d.com/

Of course, you can use any Substance material you find available for free or materials you may pay for (such as from Artstation, etc.).

But that's not all! You can now use Mixamo rigs and animations in Blender now, too, via the free Mixamo add-on:

https://substance3d.adobe.com/plugins/mixamo-in-blender/

These plugins are FREE to get and to use, even commercially. You do have to have or create an Adobe account to download them, but that's free, too. You don't need Adobe's Creative Cloud (thankfully) to download the add-ons as they are direct downloads offered on the site.

So, if you're a Blender user, like me, then what you can do inside of Blender to create awesome models and scenes has just been expanded even further!
Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3090 ti 24GB, Windows 11 64-bit, dual monitor display
monkeyfrogstudio
Skyline Master

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer
Skill: Great creative

Re: Substance and Mixamo Add-Ons for Blender - FREE!!!

Postby cassius_b » 22 Jul 2021, 20:16

Thanks for info.
cassius_b
Skyline Ensen

Skill: Programmer

Postby Sage1969 » 24 Jul 2021, 02:26

Yes, very cool thanks. One question though where do you put it in blender can not get to work. :lol:
Sage1969
Skyline Ensen

Skill: Concept artist

Postby monkeyfrogstudio » 24 Jul 2021, 09:05

Which one? Substance or Mixamo? With the Substance one, you have to follow the directions on their page. There are two addons to install and a few simple steps to take.
Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3090 ti 24GB, Windows 11 64-bit, dual monitor display
monkeyfrogstudio
Skyline Master

Postby Sage1969 » 24 Jul 2021, 19:42

Mixamo, I'm just not seeing something I guess. While the substance one is a great pairing I am stuck on my PBR way for now (by choice).
Sage1969
Skyline Ensen

Skill: Concept artist

Postby monkeyfrogstudio » 24 Jul 2021, 19:53

I've only installed the Mixamo addon (not tried to use it yet), but it does show up on the right side when "N" is pressed and it does show up under my addons (under Preferences) when I search for it. Did you enable it after installing?
monkeyfrogstudio
Skyline Master

Return to Resources