Resources
Skyline resources; Third party applications, Demo Scenes, Action plug-ins, Action Scripts, Presets etc any thing that can be used by Skyline

Quixel NDO alternative

Quixel NDO alternative

Postby epsilonion » 10 Mar 2018, 13:05

If you dont like the price of the quixel suite 2 then you can always try

http://store.steampowered.com/app/703300/NORMALIZATOR/
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Skill: Business Manager
Skill: Great creative

Re: Quixel NDO alternative

Postby SpiderMack » 11 Mar 2018, 12:52

Normalizator is only a texture extarctor nothing more, it's not an alternative, it has not the painting and all functionnality of Quixel Ndo, they are two different tools (or saying is an alternative to Substance Designer).

Did you ever used NDO ?

BTW did you tried 2048 and 4096 textures on Normalizator ?
SpiderMack
Skyline Expert

Skill: Concept artist
Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: Level Designer
Skill: Scripter

Postby epsilonion » 11 Mar 2018, 16:40

But you can use it to create other maps just like ndo and that's what people mainly use it for, judging by there Facebook page and other sources like Google hangouts, indie forums and development forums when ndo comes up.

And yes I own the suite so I have used it and yes I have used the sculpting feature etc of ndo..

So I know the capability of the software but I refer to the most used features of ndo by the users of the software....
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Postby SpiderMack » 11 Mar 2018, 16:57

epsilonion wrote:But you can use it to create other maps just like ndo and that's what people mainly use it for, judging by there Facebook page and other sources like Google hangouts, indie forums and development forums when ndo comes up.

And yes I own the suite so I have used it and yes I have used the sculpting feature etc of ndo..

So I know the capability of the software but I refer to the most used features of ndo by the users of the software....

Well, it can be enough features for some people just needing texture conversion or very basic painting.
But it is very limited if you start comparing it to DDO or Substance Painter, it does not have all Photoshop functionality Ndo uses like masks, filters , brushes , select tools, drawing shapes and curves, fill etc ...
SpiderMack
Skyline Expert

Skill: Concept artist
Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: Level Designer
Skill: Scripter

Postby epsilonion » 11 Mar 2018, 18:02

I agree it is very very limited when compared to DDO or substance painter but they are totally different programs to the one referred to here and for the price it's it's good for extracting other texture maps
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Return to Resources