This is where you can introduce yourself to the community, introduce your projects and what you plan to do with skyline. You can share as much or as little info as you wish.

Saying Hi...

Saying Hi...

Postby Grimbarian » 27 Oct 2020, 15:02

Just wanted to drop a note saying hi to the community here. I've literally just seen this engine thanks to @planetx who I remember from an old game engine we both used. Nice to see their Moonrats project again!

Anyway, I enjoy dabbling about with game engines and am a sucker for trying out any I come across, so I'll be downloading this later on tonight and seeing what it's all about. The first thing I'll be hoping to try with it will be to recreate/update a project I was working on a while back which I only got so far with. Link here: https://gamejolt.com/games/Formula_RadRacers/491443

Hope to be an active part of the community and looking forward to what this engine can do.
Grimbarian
Skyline Novice

Re: Saying Hi...

Postby SolarPortal » 27 Oct 2020, 18:34

Hi and welcome Grimbarian to the forums, nice to see a new user around. :)

PlanetX is great!, he did us a decent job on our UI interface which we are still yet to release with v2.0 skyline aswell as testing/reporting and his moonrats project was also great! Look forward to seeing it in v2.0 skyline someday.

V2 skyline is going to change the platform a lot but is in major development still with an unknown timeframe as of yet but will be able to load the majority of v1 skyline files if not for a few hiccups.
We have nearly completed the script editor upgrade which is now almost a usable product on its own.

So yeah, look forward to seeing what you can do with skyline. If you get away with the free version then great, but unfortunately we have pulled the Pro version since we cannot support it with updates anymore and therefore don't want people getting into trouble and have no solution when they have paid money. If down the road, you need the full version, then PM me and we can work something out.

All the best :)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Postby StarFire » 27 Oct 2020, 18:42

Hi and welcome to our community :D

I second what Solar Portal mentions. PlanetX did us a huge favour by taking on our UI re-design , of which he did an awesome job. Big respect to the lad.

Sp mentions the new script editor this is a game changer for a skyline user, more to come on the features in the near future. I personally can not wait to use it in my daily Skyline work and for all other document tasks (excluding docx). It has all to tools needed to manage a huge project with a low cpu footprint both loading and running.

The version 2.0 is currently developing slowly but is still developing ! Going to be awesome...

Anyway hope top see you around the forums :D
Dream the Journey, Live the Experience!
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Great creative
Skill: Programmer

Postby Grimbarian » 27 Oct 2020, 19:22

Thank you both for the warm welcome and the info on the next iteration, it's something I'll keep in mind as I go through learning what can be done.
Grimbarian
Skyline Novice

Postby Sage1969 » 05 Nov 2020, 04:04

Welcome to Skyline and the forums Grimbarian,

It is always great to see the community grow. I have been around for a few years now with no issues that were not taken care of or fixed (Great support here). Hope to hear more from you soon.

Sage 8-)
Sage1969
Skyline Ensen

Skill: Concept artist
Skill: Great creative

Return to Introduce Yourself