This is where you can introduce yourself to the community, introduce your projects and what you plan to do with skyline. You can share as much or as little info as you wish.

Nobby on board

Nobby on board

Postby Nobby » 09 Dec 2012, 07:27

Hi skyliners,

I'm an 52 years old boy living in germany near the netherlands.

I'm an old school software developer who has dropped his business mania in 2007. Since then I'm looking around what's going on in computer technology to get some new challenges with free mind again. I like to learn more about 3D application development for Windows and my new Acer Iconia A510 Android-Tab.

Since a few month I am looking for a game engine which fits all my needs but still didn't found it. I've tried the big ones as Cryengine, UDK, Unity and Shiva3D. I also had a look at open source engines like Irrlicht and found Ogre3D and Ogre-based engines like OpenSpace3D and NeoAxis. NeoAxis is my favourite so far. It's good documented, easy to learn and have some nice tools like a map and a resource editor and of cource ... the best rendering engine on my view. But I'm missing realtime UI tools which makes it easier to get nice looking applications in short time.

A few days ago I found the information about Skyline on the Ogre Page. The first view and presentation of the look & feel of the engine impressed me much and I've created an account here to keep an eye on the development process. The devolper team contacted me via e-mail and asked me if I am interested in doing some beta testing for Sykline. So I am here now, will install new 0.5.4 alpha today and will give response on any issue I will find during playing around with this nice new toy. :)

There is no need here to get early results for making some business so my mind is free to play around patiently and go along with the ongoing development process for a few month.

Looking forward for a challenging adventure. :mrgreen:

cu
Nobby
(Norbert)
Nobby
Skyline Initiate

Re: Nobby on board

Postby iamcheeseontoast » 09 Dec 2012, 12:05

Welcome Nobby
Glad to see another "mature" big kid. (57)
iamcheeseontoast
Skyline Contributor
Skyline Contributor

Postby Nobby » 09 Dec 2012, 15:46

Hi toast,

I'm deeply disappointed now because I assumed that I'm the sole old fogey here :|

;)
Nobby
Skyline Initiate

Postby StarFire » 09 Dec 2012, 16:30

On the Skyline game of generations I rank in at 47 years young, catching you up lol :D
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Great creative
Skill: Programmer
Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer

Postby SolarPortal » 09 Dec 2012, 16:33

yes well, umm 20 lol, not going to win this game :P
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Postby Nobby » 09 Dec 2012, 18:16

great :)

I like it very much when old and young kids are playing the same games and adventures. :)
Nobby
Skyline Initiate

Return to Introduce Yourself