This is where you can introduce yourself to the community, introduce your projects and what you plan to do with skyline. You can share as much or as little info as you wish.

Talidan or Dan

Talidan or Dan

Postby Talidan » 19 Dec 2012, 20:47

Hello,

My name is Dan, though much of the online gaming community knows me as Talidan. I've been an avid mapper and explorer of game engines. I've made maps and small mods in all versions of Crytek's Cryengine, Unreal's UDK, Bethesda's GECK, Creation Kit, TES Construction Set, Valve's Source, as well as little games in Unity and Unigine.

I've done what I can with the assets given by an engine or the community and have decided to try to take things a step further and attempt to do this professionally, but none of the engines have screamed out at me as being the best for what I want to do. Then I came across Skyline. Many features advertised aren't anything new, though there is quite a bit on that list that is impressive, but the way it's presented and the way the UI looked seemed to make the process smoother and from what I'm finding, it's pretty dang smooth. The workflow is very intuitive, which makes things easy for someone like me who is used to WYSIWYG engines, but are usually organized in a very cluttered manner.

I have little coding experience, but have been trying to branch out and it will be nice to do so in an environment that I can be comfortable implementing it into.

So far, I am loving Skyline and cannot wait to create some worlds to play in once I'm more acquainted. :)
Talidan
Skyline Apprentice

Re: Talidan or Dan

Postby StarFire » 19 Dec 2012, 21:20

Welcome to Skyline Talidan, its great to hear you are enjoying Skyline :D

we look forward to seeing what you can do ;)

BTW: We have a new release in a few days and this has made Skyline much more stable, complete with some new cool features to make life easier when developing.
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Great creative
Skill: Programmer
Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer

Postby Talidan » 20 Dec 2012, 00:18

Oh good, I was going to redownload in case some of the issues I was having was due to a shoddy install. I kept having some serious troubles downloading, the parts kept coming corrupted, probably because of my sporadic internet. It had to redownload a few times and even then, I was presented with issues during and after installation.
Talidan
Skyline Apprentice

Postby StarFire » 20 Dec 2012, 14:39

If you have issues with the next install if you can outline exactly what occurred then we can help you resolve this and ensure this doesn't happen for future users.

Download: If you are having issues with downloading, have you tried a download manager?

While alpha testing you will encounter many bugs etc if you can note down the set of events that lead up to the issue and post these to the forums we will do our best to get them fixed for the next release and aim to get Skyline a stable product ;)
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Great creative
Skill: Programmer
Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer

Return to Introduce Yourself