This is where you can introduce yourself to the community, introduce your projects and what you plan to do with skyline. You can share as much or as little info as you wish.

I've Gotta Be Me! :)

I've Gotta Be Me! :)

Postby monkeyfrogstudio » 26 Oct 2018, 22:45

Hello! Even though this forum seems ... well ... lacking an actual community at the moment, I thought I would take a minute to introduce myself.

Monkey Frog Studio is my game design studio. At least I hope to develop it into one. I'm a 2D/3D artist whose roots go way back into creating traditional pencil and ink art. I now work almost exclusively digitally. Over the years, I've created art content for real-time 3D training simulates (i.e. games for businesses) and now I hope to create my own game(s). Skyline is one of the engines I am considering for a few of my 3D game projects.

Sadly, I cannot show any of the work I've done for business, but I can show a few of my 2D pieces. I hope you enjoy them.

I look forward to meeting whomever eventually visits this forum, I hope it grows, and I hope to be a part as I begin developing my game. I know I will at least have questions. ;)

Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3090 ti 24GB, Windows 11 64-bit, dual monitor display
monkeyfrogstudio
Skyline Master

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer
Skill: Great creative

Re: I've Gotta Be Me! :)

Postby SolarPortal » 26 Oct 2018, 22:59

wow, great work, they look very recognizable :P
and thanks for introducing yourself :)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Programmer

Postby monkeyfrogstudio » 27 Oct 2018, 02:32

Thanks for the compliment! I appreciate it.

So, if you don't mind me asking, what happened to everyone? I see it's been quite some time since someone new introduced themselves and it looks like it's been months since any real posts. I realize there was some activity on the Discord channel, but now that the focus is back here, where is everyone?
Intel i9-10900K 5.10GHz, 64 GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3090 ti 24GB, Windows 11 64-bit, dual monitor display
monkeyfrogstudio
Skyline Master

Welcome

Postby Sage1969 » 27 Oct 2018, 03:16

Hey monkeyfrog, I am always eager to meet new users so "Welcome".

There are plenty of users that you will enjoy meeting. Speaking for my self it seems Discord felt more interactive with the community which might be having some effect on the Forum regaining momentum (but it will).

I check in often but if I have no new questions, there is no new chatter or development I often do not leave a post. I figure it is better than seeing 5 new posts but they all say "Hey guys, just stopping in".

If I see a question or anything I can help out with or help work out I will. I am sure you will find Skyline a great tool for your endeavors and although it looks quiet right now I am sure most of the community is also checking in. Great artwork by the way and I look forward to speaking more.

Sage
Sage1969
Skyline Ensen

Skill: Concept artist

Postby planetX » 27 Oct 2018, 07:21

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Feel free to open a post and show your projects... and if you get stuck, just ask. That's how I started a couple years ago. I was totally clueless but quickly got the grips. I have some projects in the run, but unfortunately don't have much time to spend on them at the moment. Hope to get back to gamedev soon.

Great work btw. Looking forward to see what you can do with Skyline. ;)

My specs: Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz - 16 Gb ram DDR4 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 Gb

planetX
Skyline Contributor
Skyline Contributor

Skill: Concept artist

Postby monkeyfrogstudio » 27 Oct 2018, 12:57

Thanks for the welcome! It's great to see that there are actually others here. :P

Yeah, I am waiting for the next release of Skyline before diving in, especially since the editor is changing, from what I've read.
monkeyfrogstudio
Skyline Master

Postby SolarPortal » 27 Oct 2018, 14:37

Hey guys :)

@monkeyfrogstudios, currently, we are not doing the marketing push until we know skyline can do whats needed and this means we do not bring many users in often, but those that are here are fantastic and helpful at every turn :)

Things will start to become a lot more interactive once we decide to go full marketing and know the engine is ready.

We are all excited to seeing what you do with skyline :)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Return to Introduce Yourself