This is where you can introduce yourself to the community, introduce your projects and what you plan to do with skyline. You can share as much or as little info as you wish.

SolarPortal

SolarPortal

Postby SolarPortal » 09 Oct 2013, 21:39

Hey all,
just noticed that i never really introduced myself as a post on the forum.

Real Name - Jayce Young
Location - England, Welsh Borders UK

i have worked on many of the top + indie game engines writing technical demos and Tutorials (recently we created the Havok Vision Engines Artist User Manual), whilst also on alot of other engines, trying to find an engine that would suit us. As we found out, there isn't really an engine we can sit with so we decided to make skyline.

I can program in c++, lua and almost all languages, those i don't know will be conquered someday lol. :P
i am a artist both with the pencil or pen as much as i am digital.

My main skills are: Multi language programming, 3D Art, 2D Art, game concept and design.
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

_

Postby kohelo » 02 Apr 2016, 15:41

no
Last edited by kohelo on 10 May 2018, 03:04, edited 2 times in total.
kohelo
Skyline Contributor
Skyline Contributor

Re: SolarPortal

Postby SolarPortal » 02 Apr 2016, 16:27

Hi kohelo,
Great to see you over here on our forums. See you active on Ogre3D a lot creating your own game engine i presume :)
Thanks for the words, we are doing our best and have advanced alot over the years.

I am not quite sure what you have said, but i believe it is something along the lines of that many game engines using Ogre3D for rendering fail. We have created skyline from scratch using cutting edge coding techniques to make sure the platform stays modern and only use ogre3D for rendering.
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer

Return to Introduce Yourself