This is where you can introduce yourself to the community, introduce your projects and what you plan to do with skyline. You can share as much or as little info as you wish.

Look Out! Newbie coming through!

Look Out! Newbie coming through!

Postby gypsythief » 17 Oct 2014, 19:52

First off, thank you very much to Hannah and Jayce for kicking the tyres on the system and getting my account up and running.

So, why am I here?

Well, I suspect like many indie developers, I've been a gamer for many-a-year and thought it finally time to see the world from the other side of the coin. Much research later, and after a lot of playing with Unity (which taught me that my general hatred of anything .net related was well founded) and Torque3D (which confirmed yet again that good documentation is the cornerstone to any successful project) I ended up here, after reference from a seemingly unfortunately doomed project (Pixel Light).

However, that reference alone was not sufficient, but rather the fact the Skyline uses Lua for scripting, something I am reasonably familiar with from modding other games, and something that I feel I have a reasonable chance of mastering as an artist rather than programmer.

But enough wittering... what's the project?

Well, you may or may not be be familiar with those li'l reptilian kritters known as Kobolds; the poor, little beasties every Adventurer loves to beat on...

...It's time they fought back!

[Hopefully] the intrepid adventurer will now take on the roll of the plucky little Kobold, fighting back against the tide of Evil Paladins and Precious Princesses.

Let the developing commence!!
gypsythief
Skyline Novice

Re: Look Out! Newbie coming through!

Postby StarFire » 17 Oct 2014, 20:40

Welcome gypsythief hope you enjoy Skyline as much as we do :D

LOL sadly there is no documentation here (yet), well not upto date. You have joined us before the public retail release and we have a lot of documentation and tutorials planned to write for the main release. But Skyline has been designed to be a simple workflow so most of the features you will be looking for should be self explanatory, the Lua API has all the current libraries but if you see an incorrect example please let us know so we can fix it for you.

What you do get with Skyline is very friendly technical support, we are very happy to help you over any problems you may have. We always try to be there for our Skyline users when they need us.

If there is a missing feature please let us know and we will add to the update list. You can see the road map here:https://trello.com/b/pjbQYgTR/skyline-game-engine

Great game idea, look forward to seeing your screen grabs. ( F12 in the editor takes a snap shot of the screen! )

If you run into a problem or are just unsure how to go about something just give tech support a shout or post to the forums and you get help ;)

Your Skyline Quest begins........
:D
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Great creative
Skill: Programmer
Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer

Return to Introduce Yourself