This is where you can introduce yourself to the community, introduce your projects and what you plan to do with skyline. You can share as much or as little info as you wish.

HI guy's

HI guy's

Postby epsilonion » 26 Feb 2015, 12:00

Hi guys I have not touched programming for some oh must be about 1997 when I graduated University.
I used to be a IT consultant that installed IT network inferstructure, servers, help desk, 1, 2nd and 3rd line support but that is all way in the past now.

anyways I thought I would try to learn to do something constructive with my time and learn to make games.

I bought leadwerks and lets just say its not really for total beginners and its hard to find tutorials on there website.

I have been told about this engine and it has way more features the the engine mentioned above.
I was also told that this is no longer in development???

I like the look of this engine and it seems to be a really easy workflow compared to what I am used to..
I really hope development is continuing in this engine...
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Skill: Business Manager
Skill: Great creative

Re: HI guy's

Postby Shando » 26 Feb 2015, 12:25

Hey buddy,

Welcome to the Skyline journey!!

I have tried many engines in the past, and found this is one of the easiest engines to pick up.

Regards

Shando

PS: This engine is well and truly still in development, and the devs should be back on line by the weekend (they're changing ISPs at the moment) To see what the plans are for this awesome engine, take a look here:

https://trello.com/b/pjbQYgTR/skyline-game-engine
Ryzen 7 4800H 16GB GTX1650 Win 11 64
Love, Hope, Strength http://www.lovehopestrength.co.uk
Shando
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Skill: Programmer
Skill: Scripter
Skill: Level Designer

Postby epsilonion » 26 Feb 2015, 12:31

I will buy it at the weekend and see how things go, I can not believe I spend over £200 on leadwerks upgrading to the standard edition.

I will see how it goes, I had to put my projects on hold with LE after spending countless hours designing levels lol... oh well it happens I suppose.. :D

Glad to be here..
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Postby AuShadow » 26 Feb 2015, 13:23

Hey, I would class myself as beginner with game Dev, and this engine has been awesome. Only really just joined myself but welcome I'm sure you will enjoy your time here
AuShadow
Skyline Ensen

Postby lordalmighty1 » 26 Feb 2015, 16:16

hi welcome and hope you have fun here and find the engine worth using. :)
lordalmighty1
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Postby TattieBoJangle » 26 Feb 2015, 21:07

Welcome :) i also used leadwerks and would say skyline is better in many ways performance for one i placed 5 AI in leadwerks and my fps dropped to under 30fps :/

The other thing was leadwerks is so dependent on lua as alot of engines but it can get frustrating at times skyline already has most of the basic down and i believe they will be adding to the list of scripts.
Case: CM Storm Trooper CPU: I7 5930k X99 Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Graphics: Asus GTX 1080 Motherboard: Rampage Extreme V x99 Ram: RipJaws DDR4 3000mhz Storage: x2 SSD Crucial 500GB + x5 2TB Hdd PSU: Evga 1500w OS: Windows 10
TattieBoJangle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist

Postby epsilonion » 26 Feb 2015, 22:43

Leadwerks for me is in alpha well early alpha and soo incomplete (such as the so called AI that shoots through walls with the provided scripts that come with the engine) and I am very disappointed that they market it as a complete engine on steam and the updates come out so slowly.

I have used UE4 before and I love that engine but I think I will give this one a go and support this one, the feature list is looking good to me and the roadmap for development features is what I am looking for in an engine so its a big thumbs up from me.

Well I will get it this weekend and see how things go, I am downloading the Free version tonight and will have a few hours looking at it until i retire in the early hours.

looking forward to been a part of this community.. :)
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Postby TattieBoJangle » 26 Feb 2015, 22:47

Sounds good :) if you need any help just ask there is always someone kicking around, also just a heads up i believe the free version hasn't been updated yet so there are many fixes in the the current version.
Case: CM Storm Trooper CPU: I7 5930k X99 Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Graphics: Asus GTX 1080 Motherboard: Rampage Extreme V x99 Ram: RipJaws DDR4 3000mhz Storage: x2 SSD Crucial 500GB + x5 2TB Hdd PSU: Evga 1500w OS: Windows 10
TattieBoJangle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby AuShadow » 27 Feb 2015, 01:51

Yes just a heads up on that one, I used the free version for a few days and you do get a feel for the engine but you will also get a lot more crashes then in the updated commercial engine. One thing for example is to make sure you do not edit the ocean settings while at terrain editing as this will cause a crash, so avoid that one. Otherwise I am certain you will find this engine is full of great features, I am still year to try everything
AuShadow
Skyline Ensen

Postby epsilonion » 27 Feb 2015, 12:20

Yay bought it, now time to figure out where everything is and what it does.. :D

Looking forward to getting up and running with this one...
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Postby ant0N » 27 Feb 2015, 13:31

Hi!! :D
I am sure that you will not be disappointed in this engine. By the way, will soon be a big update and then there will be new opportunities! ;)

P.S. If you have any questions, we are always happy to help.
Sorry for my English. :)
ant0N
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Postby StarFire » 27 Feb 2015, 16:26

@liamgibbins: Welcome to the Skyline journey :D

We have been away for a few days due to our internet going down but we are now back and ready to push hard to get the new update to you all.

We hope you enjoy your journey with Skyline and our great expanding friendly community!
Dream the Journey, Live the Experience!
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby SolarPortal » 27 Feb 2015, 16:26

Hi liamgibbins, Welcome to the Forum :D
It seems everyone has kept you well informed with the progress of skyline. I hope you enjoy using the software and if you need any help, then i am sure you will find it here on the forums from our Moderators and Users as you already have. :)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Return to Introduce Yourself