Area for general discussions, where people can rant and chat about anything.

What do you think?

What do you think?

Postby epsilonion » 14 Oct 2015, 14:11

Summery
I have been thinking about how to get the community activity up on the forums and I may have come up with something?

This might get the community activity up, get some levels/games that the dev team can use for advertisement and steam when they need arises.

The community that participates will get prizes for there hard work in the form of usable assets for there future projects.

What do you think about this?
A competition Halloween Game Competition.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
Publish your Halloween, Christmas -or-other-themed game to the asset store and on the forum before a deadline, You can work as a team or individually.

Use blogs to share your work and get feedback as you build your game (and a link to skyline website helps with back-links and search engine rank for the website :D ). If you need models for your game check out the asset store there are quite a few free ones on there.

PRIZES: this isn't a competition as such, more of a getting the community working and activity up plus it will give the dev team something to promote in there videos when they require them for when version 1 comes out. Everyone who participates gets a prize!

I would like the dev team to maybe put some music packs they have created in for prizes, I was thinking of a zombie voice over pack from myself to use in your games maybe some models donated from the community? (that they have made).
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Skill: Business Manager
Skill: Great creative

Re: What do you think?

Postby TattieBoJangle » 14 Oct 2015, 16:32

Great idea but my exported games don't work :lol:
Case: CM Storm Trooper CPU: I7 5930k X99 Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Graphics: Asus GTX 1080 Motherboard: Rampage Extreme V x99 Ram: RipJaws DDR4 3000mhz Storage: x2 SSD Crucial 500GB + x5 2TB Hdd PSU: Evga 1500w OS: Windows 10
TattieBoJangle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer

Postby epsilonion » 14 Oct 2015, 16:47

Maybe wait till they throw us the next patch then.. :D
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Postby SolarPortal » 14 Oct 2015, 17:47

Great ideas liam, i don't believe there are any music packs we have made, StarFire has only just got the equipment back out again after 5+ years to start making new albums in hobby time(which there is little of at all lol :P)

What we can offer is extra activation licenses( perhaps 2 at a time; great for teams or new teams to form ;) ) for those registered and licenses to those who don't own skyline yet(but in a high place position lol ;P). For all those who join in and dont own skyline, then discounts to the engine can be offered. Those who dont end up in the say.. top 3 designs could have 25% discounts to those higher ones with 50%, 75%, 100% discounts. Don't know, have a think on it :)

How will this be marketed? ............ As we will only get a handful join in :P This means we need places to advertise the competition. Twitter, Facebook, IndieDB(which links ModDB). Perhaps the model sites could join in like 3dfoin, arteria3d, dexsoft and offer assets to winners, apart from what would they gain except exposure; which could be enough.

Q) Does steam have news outlets, or somewhere for users to post?

@Tattie, Yeah, the updated patch was for the editor only. This means the player and end game may be broken on certain scenes. But thats why it was a preview version. I can export one today if i make it onto the dev machine later( we had to head over to Nottingham for personal reasons ( just got back at 5pm. Left at 8:30am :shock: ), or it might be tomorrow. We shall see lol :P But i think it will be a good idea if i release all the exe's to test the final forms of the game which hasn't been done yet.... and fix the bugs that appear so we can make a release that does feel solid.

oh well, thanks for bringing this up Tattie and i will get on it ASAP.
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Programmer

Postby epsilonion » 14 Oct 2015, 18:52

I have some ideas about advertising, getting the assets and prizes is the first step so we know that we have stuff to give... :D
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Postby StarFire » 16 Oct 2015, 13:51

Just a thought, as Halloween is so close maybe it should be a xmas comp?
Dream the Journey, Live the Experience!
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Programmer

Return to Off-Topic