Area for general discussions, where people can rant and chat about anything.

Games and Graphics Quality

Games and Graphics Quality

Postby epsilonion » 28 Nov 2015, 23:13

I have been playing a lot of games recently and I have taken particular interest to the quality of graphics in these games.
When I say games I dont mean the usual crap that you see on steam, I mean the AAA games that have a following.

When playing these games I have noticed that the quality of the graphics has not improved a lot over the past say 3-4 years, like battlefield Hardline, Black Ops 3 etc the graphics dont seem to be as good as you would expect for a game of these days and the budget they get.

I guess they rely on there game series on sales but its not even that, think of game play whats the enjoyment in a multiplayer game where theres hardly any team play, everyone just runs in pointing there gun in a direction of a enemy team player and shooting, not even aiming. Personally I dont see how a game like that is enjoyable but hey there my opinions, I would have thought if you want to play a game like that then at least make it semi realistic or at least make the guns and aiming semi realistic.. lol

On the other hand..

There are some amazing games out there as well, the graphics are amazing, the attention to detail is as you would expect from a game of 2014/15/16 and guess what...... there indie games!!!

The attention to detail and you can see the care that has gone into these type of games..
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Skill: Business Manager
Skill: Great creative

Re: Games and Graphics Quality

Postby CreativeOcclusion » 02 Dec 2015, 21:56

I believe this is so gamers with lesser systems have a chance to play...If the graphics are upped too much the audience becomes smaller and money is lost...A line has to be drawn of how intense the graphics can be to meet the standards of lesser cards...Otherwise you are just targeting the audience that has top of the line cards...
Thanks, CreativeOcclusion
CreativeOcclusion
Skyline Warrior

Postby epsilonion » 03 Dec 2015, 14:03

CreativeOcclusion wrote:I believe this is so gamers with lesser systems have a chance to play...If the graphics are upped too much the audience becomes smaller and money is lost...A line has to be drawn of how intense the graphics can be to meet the standards of lesser cards...Otherwise you are just targeting the audience that has top of the line cards...

I totally understand this, My train of thought would be to future proof, make it more life like, put more detail in so that the product will not get as old as fast as it would when other games become more advanced graphically.

This way they could keep a product alive for many many years and make even more money with DLC and stuff like with a longer product life span. But then again its a longer period of financial commitment to see greater return because people would have to upgrade there equipment but with saying that I have seen time and time again people upgrading to play a specific game.

I think its greed basically that they try to limit a products life span and not look to the future to make a product live longer (my opinion)...
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Skill: Business Manager

Postby StarFire » 03 Dec 2015, 16:03

I am afraid we live in a corporate capitalist world where greed is rewarded and thus chased. Everything has a commercial lifetime and outside of this it is discarded making us a throw away society. The marketers shout newer is better get it now or be old school.! The latest pixel algorithm make this game better than the last but neither has any true game play but yet everyone runs to this new method not realising they are feeding the corporate giants, jumping like frogs from lily pad to lily pad in search of perceived coolness. Why can we not just have cool games with real game play not some studio fed tut led by a few tech trends that don't add to the game.
Well I feel better now after my rant lol :lol:
Dream the Journey, Live the Experience!
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Programmer
Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer

Return to Off-Topic