Area for general discussions, where people can rant and chat about anything.

Games seem crap these days

Games seem crap these days

Postby epsilonion » 28 Nov 2016, 15:17

Some 6 years ago I put up a steam greenlight concept of a revolution and the player building up there forces, resources, etc and wining back your planet then with my concept then you go into more of a space sim and to the fight there.

Then came home front revolution so I bought it to see there version and how they implemented it, well I wasn't that impressed.
Gameplay gets old with the repetition and the semi open world basis does not work to well, the graphics are not that good and mechanics are sum what rubbish.

To be honest I am very disappointed with the game, it seems rushed and the only thing I find good about the game is the cut scenes.

May be I was expecting more with my idea been sort of similar but for a large company I was expecting a lot more..
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Skill: Business Manager
Skill: Great creative

Re: Games seem crap these days

Postby SolarPortal » 28 Nov 2016, 17:46

we just looked the game up on youtube and read a couple of reviews. It does sound like its chopped up because of the book being passed to many times and at the end of all these years of development; that they needed to make their money back, so they end up releasing whatever they want.

We think most modern games should run at least close to 60fps on at least 60% of the modern equipment and not have to buy the latest £500 gfx card to play it lol :P

We bought fallout 4 and stopped playing it because it didnt run on my PC very well which may not have had the best gfx card, but still a decent one that played titles smoothly from 3-5 years ago. Even the Xbox One struggled to run fallout 4.

Gameplay is important, then graphics that look good but functional enough to run on most hardware.
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Re: Games seem crap these days

Postby epsilonion » 28 Nov 2016, 19:06

Graphics is a big part for me but not as big as gameplay and this game gets boring within the first 4 hours... :D)
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Skill: Business Manager
Skill: Great creative

Return to Off-Topic