Get the latest version of Skyline or new patch updates here.

Skyline Release V0.9.7 - Pandora

Skyline Release V0.9.7 - Pandora

Postby SolarPortal » 27 Oct 2015, 21:32

Hello Friends,

After what seem’s like such a long time we have a host of new exciting features and important fixes, some of which we know many of you have been waiting for. Our lives have been turned upside down, the studio has been completely destroyed and rebuilt but now we are emerging from the smoke of life’s battle, like all combatants a little shell shocked but jubilant in our triumph over the darker times and appeasing the Skyline Goddess by creating this new offering of version 0.9.7. We hope you will join us in this celebration by the usual ritual of beta testing as much of the core has been changed and many new gremlins and other weee nasties many be lurking needing your help in location so we can cast our banishing spell over them.
Well to the matter of the changes, as to which there are many of.

Here is the full changelog:
http://home.aurasoft-skyline.co.uk/changelog-archive/skyline-changelog-v0-9-7-1/

There are a few things for this release.

• Auto Update from V0.9.6 to V0.9.7(.1)
  • There is a full commercial indie installer that is up to date and downloadable from the store
  • There is also a brand new Free version as that is also uptodate.
  • When the auto update completes and loads skyline, the activation window will appear. Just click activate with your serial and email as we are using a new registry folder. The new skyline no longer fills your license with the same computer id, so it is easier to register and more constant.

The auto-update was provided as a gesture to keep things rolling. But we do recommend at some point to install skyline from the full version installer to make sure the newer asset library is in place.

The auto update, may have missing files for tech demos and other parts.

We will try to keep the full installers up to date the best we can, but it has been much easier uploading with the faster connection speeds.

We hope you enjoy skyline and we would like you to bring your bug reports to the forum as i am sure there will be many things to fix :)

Thanks again and look forward to seeing some great content soon :)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Re: Skyline Release V0.9.7 - Pandora

Postby CreativeOcclusion » 28 Oct 2015, 00:08

FPS kit player, no longer has textures...He just has the pink and white base material...Thanks
Thanks, CreativeOcclusion
CreativeOcclusion
Skyline Warrior

Postby SolarPortal » 28 Oct 2015, 00:37

when the fps is in the scene, select it and go to the sub material panel then press the Reset to Defaults.
You might need to overwrite the preset to store the new material values.

i will release a new patch with the changes soon.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby AuShadow » 28 Oct 2015, 04:25

so if im reading right, suggested is an uninstall and fresh download and install?, oh and any know appx the download size?
AuShadow
Skyline Ensen

Skill: Great creative

Postby SolarPortal » 28 Oct 2015, 09:33

Yes, we would say an uninstall and reinstall is best if you have the time and download bandwidth.

Note: Make a backup of the Asset Library and any other folders that you have added stuff to in the Aurasoft folder.

The auto update so far to our knowledge has a missing FPS preset upgrade, as we have upgraded all the meshes to work with the new material system. This will also have to be checked on for the other downloads as well :)

The main full installer download size is a compressed 940mb in size and the auto update has a 514mb size download.
The new installer for the commercial installer will continue to download the next time it is ran if it decided to crap out on you when downloading. It also is much easier to use ;)

Hope this helps :D

SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby SolarPortal » 28 Oct 2015, 17:09

Has the upgrade actually worked for anyone? or the installers as we have not heard anything apart from the fps player materials are not setting correctly which is due to the preset being out of date most likely

SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby CreativeOcclusion » 28 Oct 2015, 17:58

Has the upgrade actually worked for anyone? or the installers as we have not heard anything apart from the fps player materials are not setting correctly which is due to the preset being out of date most likely

I did the update first and it seemed good except for the fps texture issue...I then saw the recommendation to do a full install of new version...I did the full install...These are the glitches I've noticed so far...
[1] Crashing of Mesh Editor...(again)...might work again tomorrow...???

[2] This problem is bazaar....When I run my game (Tunnels of Tarkus) in the "Editor" 1 time, it works perfect....After pressing "esc" to stop it...Then running it the 2nd time in the editor...The spotlight is no longer attached to fps character... If I run the game in the "Player", everything works perfect every time...
The spotlight is attached to the player in the micro script for the fps player...I then have a script attached to the spotlight that controls the rotation of the light and syncs it to the camera...

I get an error in the console when I run in editor 2nd time that says that my spotlight cannot be attached to an object because it is already attached to an object and that I need to unattach it and retry...

Crazy....I hope I have given enough info....I am thinking that it is not clearing everything when stopping game....

[3] Basic shapes not working...I was able to get it to load a large sphere but it crashes on all other basic shapes....
Last edited by CreativeOcclusion on 28 Oct 2015, 18:42, edited 1 time in total.
CreativeOcclusion
Skyline Warrior

Postby TattieBoJangle » 28 Oct 2015, 18:36

Great update guys I done a full install and its working as should but I haven't played much with it due being busy ;)
Case: CM Storm Trooper CPU: I7 5930k X99 Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Graphics: Asus GTX 1080 Motherboard: Rampage Extreme V x99 Ram: RipJaws DDR4 3000mhz Storage: x2 SSD Crucial 500GB + x5 2TB Hdd PSU: Evga 1500w OS: Windows 10
TattieBoJangle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby SolarPortal » 28 Oct 2015, 18:50

thanks for the responses :)

@creativeocclusion, the attachment error is new because we made a tweak to the engine to not attach an object that is already attached, but i only set it in the detach to reset the variable. When the game stops, it runs through a routine which detaches all the attachments made at run time and probably does not reset it here as well. I will get this working for the next update.

Luckily,with the new patch number, we can release more updates but keep the same ongoing version number :)

Can you please verify that you have these files and folders:
> "Skyline\Win64_Release" (folder)
> "Asset Library/SkyGraphs" (folder)

If these 2 folders are not present in your installation, then skyline failed to auto update and copy the assets into place.
I will look into the FPS, basic geometry meshes etc.. :)

Thanks again guys :)

SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby ant0N » 28 Oct 2015, 19:02

Hi guys! This is a great update! :D :D
I re-installed Skyline and everything works perfectly. The graphs look amazing! :o

I have now there is very little time for Skyline, but after a few days all will be as before. :)
Sorry for my English. :)
ant0N
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Postby SolarPortal » 28 Oct 2015, 19:42

Thanks very much antON :D This weekend was a big push for us, so feeling a bit burnt out atm.

Looking forward to seeing what you make with the new module system and if you need any modules that do not exist, then please request them on the forum. This goes for anyone :)

SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby CreativeOcclusion » 28 Oct 2015, 19:50

Can you please verify that you have these files and folders:
> "Skyline\Win64_Release" (folder)
> "Asset Library/SkyGraphs" (folder)

Yes both of these folders are present...although the SkyGraphs is "SkyGraph"...without the "s" at the end...

I have done a complete uninstall and reinstall, to make sure problems still exist....

I will work around the attached object bug until next update...thanks
CreativeOcclusion
Skyline Warrior

Postby StarFire » 28 Oct 2015, 19:51

We plan to get the next update out very soon now we have the new patch number.
Dream the Journey, Live the Experience!
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby AuShadow » 28 Oct 2015, 22:07

All works for me just some texture issues, spruce2 tree when placed in scene has no material, aside from that have been using 64bit version with no issues
AuShadow
Skyline Ensen

Postby SolarPortal » 29 Oct 2015, 17:35

thanks AuShadow :D i will check on this as well. Pretty cool to be running 64bit now.
No more out of ram crashes, unless you really run out of ram lol :P

SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby SolarPortal » 30 Oct 2015, 22:31

@creativeocclusion,
FPS kit player, no longer has textures...He just has the pink and white base material...Thanks

I have upgraded all the way from 0.9.0 to 0.9.7.1 and i could not replicate the material problem you said you were having. However, the first time i loaded it did not add the Asset Library to resources, so to make sure that you have a working models, materials folder. Go to "Asset Manager > Resources > Recreate main resource list > Reboot skyline > Check presets again". I will have a quick look at the attach thing now.

Edit: Attach is fixed :)

SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby Gtox » 31 Oct 2015, 06:13

@SolarPortal - how did you upgrade from 9.0 to 9.7? I tried that and get stuck at the first hurdle (from 9.0 to 9.1).
Gtox
Skyline Padawan

Postby SolarPortal » 31 Oct 2015, 12:45

you have to use the check for updates from the Help menu, not the one that appears when skyline boots as it is broken in 0.9.0.

If you are installing fresh, then i would recommend installing V0.9.7 directly from your account > downloads in the asset store :)

SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby CreativeOcclusion » 31 Oct 2015, 16:21

I have upgraded all the way from 0.9.0 to 0.9.7.1 and i could not replicate the material problem you said you were having. However, the first time i loaded it did not add the Asset Library to resources, so to make sure that you have a working models, materials folder. Go to "Asset Manager > Resources > Recreate main resource list > Reboot skyline > Check presets again".

This worked....Thanks

Edit: Attach is fixed

Thanks for this...I was having to restart SkyLine each time to test game in editor...It is not a major problem though....
CreativeOcclusion
Skyline Warrior

Postby SolarPortal » 31 Oct 2015, 18:09

thats good news :D

SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby SolarPortal » 06 Nov 2015, 17:05

Currently putting together a new version for you all :)

SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby CreativeOcclusion » 06 Nov 2015, 19:32

This is good news...

New: Bake Meshes
A new feature to skyline for level designers is the nake to mesh feature. This is a move in the right direction towards full modular level editing by enabling you to select many meshes and bake these down to one mesh which is easier to manage, ie rotate scale etc. This has no performance advantage but is purely a convenience feature.

I have found many uses for the Mesh Merge feature...This has helped with the popping in of models when the spotlight hits them...Keep up the great work...Thanks
CreativeOcclusion
Skyline Warrior

Postby StarFire » 06 Nov 2015, 20:04

Its good to hear that the new features are making your development better :D

lol excluding the few new bugz n crashes!

New update imminent to fix any woes, SP is setting up the update so keep an eye on the auto update. ;)
Dream the Journey, Live the Experience!
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Return to Skyline Release