Get the latest version of Skyline or new patch updates here.

Skyline Release 0.9.0 - Orks in Santa Hats!

Skyline Release 0.9.0 - Orks in Santa Hats!

Postby StarFire » 22 Dec 2014, 16:40

Hi Friends,

We are happy to announce that we have finally made it to the public Beta, Yay!

After lots of long days and sleepless nights we managed to keep the hordes of marauding Orks from our development camp so we could cap the private beta and prepare for the release of the shiny new Public Beta Version 0.9.0.

Change Log: http://www.home.aurasoft-skyline.co.uk/?page_id=2530

With this we are closing the private testing and would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has tested Skyline, we could not have come this far without your help :) The beta testing will continue as we move towards the first Version 1.0.0 release so please keep reporting any issues and requests.

The current release has a couple of features that slipped through the net but these will be caught and fixed in the next release, just wanted to get it out to you guys.

Free and Retail versions
Along with the new release we are releasing a free version so anyone can join the Skyline journey so spread the word! Also the price of £80 is being put on the commercial indie version to help support our development costs. ( not applicable to current license holders )

Website upgrades
We have been busy developing a new Skyline website and set up a new asset store which has the vendor feature where anyone can become a seller and earn some money or give away free. Still much work to be done on the sites but we are aiming for this time 2015 for the full release so there is a little time to get everything ship shape. We are also setting the forums to public so we can encourage the free version community as they will only get tech support via the forums unlike you guys who have full licences and can contact the developers at any time.

Skyline Home: http://www.chi-ad.com/Skyline/Site/
Asset Store: http://www.chi-ad.com/Skyline/AssetStore/index.php?route=common/home
Free Version Direct Download: http://www.chi-ad.com/Skyline/Site/?page_id=28

Important Special Note:
Everyone who has an indie commercial licence will need to move onto the new version 0.9.0 as there is no auto upgrade, these will continue from 0.9.0. This will require you to sign up on the new shop, sorry for the inconvenience but the new shop system requires testing and we hope it is a simpler method.
We will provide you with a coupon for 100% discount so you will not lose your license, in fact you will get a new license and the old one will still work so keep it for your team or pass to a friend. The coupon will be in the forum email, so check your email boxes for details. If you don't get the email please contact me at sales or PM me and we will get the coupon to you.

Please Note:
As usual backup your asset library before installing the new version as you will need a clean install as the library has changed a little to accommodate the game exporter.

From Skyline Developer Team we wish you a merry Xmas Holiday and a Happy new Year!!

StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Great creative
Skill: Programmer
Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer

Re: Skyline Release 0.9.0 - Orks in Santa Hats!

Postby pgadesertrat » 22 Dec 2014, 22:56

I get a crash related to MSVCR120.dll attempting to run the editor (player loads just fine). Already tried installing the Visual C++ 2013 redistributable from Microsoft again just in case but no luck.

Here's the appcrash log.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Skyline Editor.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 5492bfbb
Fault Module Name: MSVCR120.dll
Fault Module Version: 12.0.21005.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 524f7ce6
Exception Code: 40000015
Exception Offset: 000a7676
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 9b92
Additional Information 2: 9b920cfbdcad7d1ee7fa3a7f80e908af
Additional Information 3: 5733
Additional Information 4: 57334fe70be5254eb4511e9819336196
pgadesertrat
Skyline Apprentice

Postby AroraI4M » 23 Dec 2014, 05:32

Thanks !
This is really nice to have the update but after I installed 0.9.0 it does not start and keeps saying try reactivating your license. Now how do I do that ?
AroraI4M
Skyline Apprentice

Postby ant0N » 23 Dec 2014, 06:21

Cheers! :D Congratulations on this long-awaited release!!! Now I'm going to do my game dreams... :lol: :lol:

pgadesertrat wrote:I get a crash related to MSVCR120.dll attempting to run the editor (player loads just fine). Already tried installing the Visual C++ 2013 redistributable from Microsoft again just in case but no luck.

I had a similar problem ( vcomp100.dll ), I have downloaded this file and put it in C:/windows/system32/ (for 64bit - C:/windows/sysWOW64/) and it works! ;)
ant0N
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Postby SolarPortal » 23 Dec 2014, 10:17

Thanks everyone.

Here's a link to the new manual section for installing: http://www.chi-ad.com/DokuWiki/doku.php/english_manual:gs_installation

@pgadesertrat: ah that's a shame... I will do some research and look into what's causing this.
The previous 0-8-3 worked for you though, didn't it?
That version was also using the same redist. I suspect it could be do with a missing dll that was potentially integrated between there and now,
Thanks antON for the info, I hope that can help people.

@AroraI4m: you can re-trigger the activation window simply by deleting your license. Then load the software.
You should see the new activator. Enter your serial and the email linked to the serial. Then press activate. It will download the license for you if it is already activated.

@antON: look forward to seeing some of your games :)
It seems there are a few things broken, but it's great that you got yours working.
:D
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby SolarPortal » 23 Dec 2014, 18:01

ok, well i have found one of the errors.

VCOMP100.dll
The VCOMP100.dll is required to run the imageMagick convert.exe file located in the Tools folder.

I have uploaded the dlls into a zip for those who have already downloaded.
https://www.aurasoft-skyline.co.uk/downloads_common/ImageMagick-Dependencies.zip

Instructions:
Copy all the dlls into your "$(SkylineSDK)/Tools/ImageMagick-6.9.0" folder.
This will stop the dll error from happening.

MSVCR120.dll Crash
Now as for the MSVCR120.dll that seems to be broken.
This is a bit strange as the download manager you used to download and install skyline is built on a 2013 c++ app, as is the player which you say works. Which makes me suspect that some other dll or library is at fault.

Could you try downloading "dependency walker" for 32 bit and drag & drop the "Skyline Editor.exe" onto the "depends.exe".
This will show if you are missing any required dlls to run skyline editor.
http://www.dependencywalker.com/
The missing dlls should show in red on the left column.

@pgadesertrat: If you have solved the problem, then please let us know and we can get the new packages uploaded.
Also, what OS are you running? If you are running vista, then you may need SP2.

Note to all:
I will be uploading the entire free and commercial versions of skyline again for new users once we have fixed all these problems so new users wont face the same problems.
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby pgadesertrat » 23 Dec 2014, 19:33

Never mind, that was super bizarro! "Depends" utility reported a bunch of dll related errors. After trying everything I could think of I finally decided to wipe all remnants of Skyline from my registry. What do you know, the Skyline Editor.exe loaded right up and I was able to register:).

Sorry for the false alarm.
pgadesertrat
Skyline Apprentice

Postby SolarPortal » 23 Dec 2014, 20:28

lol, np these things happen :P
i will continue and set about uploading the full packages again over the next week.
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby AroraI4M » 23 Dec 2014, 23:18

gr8 ! But how do i delete my license ? where is it located ? thanks
AroraI4M
Skyline Apprentice

Postby AroraI4M » 23 Dec 2014, 23:31

I think i found the sky license file cos it says sky license file and it was in a sky folder. I deleted it and try to start the skyline editor and it still does not start but this time it does not say reactivate your license. Now what ? thanks
AroraI4M
Skyline Apprentice

Postby sfarza » 24 Dec 2014, 01:04

At long last the update has arrived, I'm so proud to be in this community and i congratulate you guys (Aurasoft) for your tremendous work! a great Xmas gift it is! :D :D :D :D
sfarza
Skyline Novice

Postby SolarPortal » 24 Dec 2014, 12:22

thank you sfarza, its great to have you in the community :D

@AroraI4M: one of our other users had to remove all the registry information in order to get their version working.

Note: Before continuing, please backup your registry in case of a mistake on your part.

1) Go to windows "run" prompt. type in "regedit"
2) Navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Aurasoft".
3) Delete the entire Aurasoft Folder.

This will clear the registry of skyline license related bits.

4) Now make sure you have deleted all remnants of license files. They were previously located where you saved it, but most would have gone to "C:\Aurasoft\Skyline.license". We now auto store license files into "AppData/Roaming/Aurasoft/Skyline_license".
5) Make sure you are connected to the internet and start skyline.
6) You should be presented with the activation window again. Enter the serial and email, then press activate.

We have improved the activator to be a simple 1 click approach whether for activating or re downloading a license file.
I hope this helps :D

If you do still have issues, then please email me at "support@aurasoft.co.uk" and we can continue the support further and really get to the bottom of this problem :D

Note to all Commercial Indie users: If you do have a problem, then we do offer you a one to one with devs through email and more support if required. :) Free version users only get access to forum help from community and devs.
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Return to Skyline Release