For any feature requests to either the Skyline Engine or the websites and forums please leave your suggestion here.

just some requests/questions

just some requests/questions

Postby lordalmighty1 » 01 May 2015, 13:40

hi every1,

I wanted to know how long before we get the caves/tunnelling tool within the editor and would like to request that it be done sooner if its on hold lol :)
also was wondering about voxel based self generating terrain, is it doable or?. can we please have an option that switches terrain from non voxel to voxel maybe please?.
I feel there is such a high demand for this but not much option for it out there, unity has a plugin for it I think but I don't like unity lol.. and other engines like ue4 probably have a option for voxels but I don't know how to use it or have the time/money for such a undertaking with that and similar engines :( or the skill lol.

tbh, I want to be able to dig and tunnel ingame and build and farm resources and make a game like 7days2die or savage lands.
and I think if skyline can deliver this, then all the better :).

thankyou
lordalmighty1
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Skill: Great creative
Skill: Level Designer

Re: just some requests/questions

Postby TattieBoJangle » 01 May 2015, 13:43

There is simplepagedterrain - An infinitely repeating paging terrain system that would be nice not sure if you can dig holes in it mid you.
Case: CM Storm Trooper CPU: I7 5930k X99 Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Graphics: Asus GTX 1080 Motherboard: Rampage Extreme V x99 Ram: RipJaws DDR4 3000mhz Storage: x2 SSD Crucial 500GB + x5 2TB Hdd PSU: Evga 1500w OS: Windows 10
TattieBoJangle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Great creative

Postby SolarPortal » 01 May 2015, 14:26

Yes, we do have the Voxel Terrain planned in. Would be a great addition to skyline.
I haven't seen those games, so i will have a look into them and see what features they are using.

Cutting holes in terrain could be done as smoke and mirrors. If we don't generate physics on a certain set of polygons, you would fall through the floor. Then you could simply apply an invisible material on those segments and it would look and act like a hole but still be polygons there. This also gives the added benefit of being able to replace the hole with solid ground again ;)

We shall think on it and have a look into the system. Just remember that the Terrain, Vegetation & Road system are all needing upgraded and brought up to scratch inside skyline as it is not as performance friendly as it could be. lol :P
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer

Postby lordalmighty1 » 01 May 2015, 16:57

ok cool :)