For any feature requests to either the Skyline Engine or the websites and forums please leave your suggestion here.

Character control

Character control

Postby TattieBoJangle » 15 Sep 2015, 13:05

Hi Starfire I know this is your area ;) I was wondering if we could have a updated Ai script when you have time ofc :lol: the problem I face is no matter what character I place in I face a timing issue for example a character with 3 attacks at different speeds don't work as you can only change the first attack.

Its more the animations aren't smooth sort of thing I have tried messing about with the timings but I don't seem to get anywhere lol

I believe its when character A hits B character B then plays hit animation but it never gets to play properly as A keeps bashing him :lol:

Case: CM Storm Trooper CPU: I7 5930k X99 Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Graphics: Asus GTX 1080 Motherboard: Rampage Extreme V x99 Ram: RipJaws DDR4 3000mhz Storage: x2 SSD Crucial 500GB + x5 2TB Hdd PSU: Evga 1500w OS: Windows 10
TattieBoJangle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer
Skill: Great creative

Re: Character control

Postby StarFire » 15 Sep 2015, 16:02

Multi attack timings:
The Ai currently has only one attack and timing. I did this as different characters may use their attacks differently in various conditions, so would have to be written more specifically for each character. What I could do for the general script would be similar to the player attacks, where the character could randomly use 1 out of 3 attacks. Would this work for you? :D
Dream the Journey, Live the Experience!
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Programmer

Postby TattieBoJangle » 15 Sep 2015, 18:10

That would be great :D but how would that work as say there are 3 animations they will be all different timings I would have thought so say attack 1 is 1000 and attack 2 is 1200 and so on ;)
Case: CM Storm Trooper CPU: I7 5930k X99 Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Graphics: Asus GTX 1080 Motherboard: Rampage Extreme V x99 Ram: RipJaws DDR4 3000mhz Storage: x2 SSD Crucial 500GB + x5 2TB Hdd PSU: Evga 1500w OS: Windows 10
TattieBoJangle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Postby StarFire » 15 Sep 2015, 19:42

Yes np I can add attack timing for the other 2 attacks :D
Dream the Journey, Live the Experience!
StarFire