For any feature requests to either the Skyline Engine or the websites and forums please leave your suggestion here.

align movement gizmo

align movement gizmo

Postby lordalmighty1 » 21 Nov 2015, 12:47

is there away for you guys to have a way to align the movement gizmo to mesh of a model ?
I have some models that though the right scale, the gizmo is along ways off from the model itself lol.
making it difficult to find and use in a scene, would be nice to have something like this rather than dive into a modelling software to fix, which I cant do as I'm no modeller lol. wouldn't know where to start with this sort of thing..
lordalmighty1
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Skill: Great creative
Skill: Level Designer

Re: align movement gizmo

Postby TattieBoJangle » 21 Nov 2015, 12:50

yea this would be handy ;)
Case: CM Storm Trooper CPU: I7 5930k X99 Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Graphics: Asus GTX 1080 Motherboard: Rampage Extreme V x99 Ram: RipJaws DDR4 3000mhz Storage: x2 SSD Crucial 500GB + x5 2TB Hdd PSU: Evga 1500w OS: Windows 10
TattieBoJangle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist

Postby SolarPortal » 21 Nov 2015, 13:01

so a working gizmo position essentially.

As for meshes atm, you can import them into the mesh editor and adjust their positions manually. Unless you need the pivot far away from the mesh in case you have made a level and split the export with all the pivots lining up at 0,0,0 :)

It seems there is a lot of scene editing work to do this time, which is good because it means users are now able to develop levels instead of just crashing all the time lmao ... :D
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Programmer

Postby lordalmighty1 » 21 Nov 2015, 14:13

I tried to use the mesh editor to change the mesh location in relation to the gizmo, I get the following error.

Error: Cannot edit mesh data as the mesh file does not exist in the resources.

the folder was setup as part of the resources, I made the whole pack skyline ready 1st, then added to resources. this was done couple of days ago ?!. any idea is this a bug, or just human error lol?.
lordalmighty1
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Postby SolarPortal » 21 Nov 2015, 14:39

i think it might have saved so refresh the entity in the scene to see if the changes are being reflected in the scene as the mesh editor is having a few problems at the moment. :P
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Programmer

Return to Feature Requests