For any feature requests to either the Skyline Engine or the websites and forums please leave your suggestion here.

Automatic error reporter

Automatic error reporter

Postby SpiderMack » 05 Dec 2016, 01:06

Like some software is doing after crash or after software re start, press a button in menu, it sends last log files automatically to dev team. Better and faster error report, because users don't like to debug software, not their job.
SpiderMack
Skyline Expert

Skill: Concept artist
Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: Level Designer
Skill: Scripter

Re: Automatic error reporter

Postby SolarPortal » 05 Dec 2016, 11:50

An automatic error reporting would be good, however, gen2 is private alpha which means reporting bugs and crashes is the main purpose of that build.
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer

Postby SpiderMack » 05 Dec 2016, 12:32

There is so many issues Gen 2 un usable, perfect to get press button to send logs in editor.
Users won't like to send thousand bugs , they are not paid for as professionnal testers.
It's idea to make easy for you and users, take it or drop it.
SpiderMack
Skyline Expert

Skill: Concept artist
Skill: Scripter

Postby epsilonion » 05 Dec 2016, 12:57

It has been obviously made aware to gen2 users that it is unusable in its current format and that there are issues like you would expect.

Users don't mind sending bug reports because they know that the software is in beta and gen2 is in alpha, this has been explained to you countless times now.

It's good that you have/are reporting errors but let the development team do there job and fix them and port things over to gen2 before making obvious statements like it's unusable.

Like I mentioned in the pm learn gen1 and the work flow then in a couple of months come back to gen2 and it will be in a miles better place than it is now and most of your issues will be sorted out because most of them are already known.

I don't want to sound like I am having a go at you, I just want to inform you of a better way to go about things
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Skill: Business Manager
Skill: Great creative

Return to Feature Requests