For any feature requests to either the Skyline Engine or the websites and forums please leave your suggestion here.

Asset Browser with image preview

Asset Browser with image preview

Postby Ellement » 02 Nov 2012, 20:32

Hi , it would be nice to have asset browser with preview window. I have 50 different walls and without previewing it is hard to determine which one i want to use. maybe your team mate would have difficulties.Thank you
Ellement
Skyline Padawan

Re: Asset Browser with image preview

Postby SolarPortal » 02 Nov 2012, 21:43

I totally agree with you.
what we are thinking is when loading a model into a scene entity. (Property Panel-> choose mesh file), instead of bringing up an explorer window, would an asset browser with a list of models and a view of the selected model be better.

I have added this to the feature requests list.
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Postby UnlimitedPanda » 02 Jan 2013, 11:24

I would also love to have something like this. You know, the "content browser" type of thing. Although I would love this to be accessible as a different window/panel in the interface. Maybe in View->Asset Browser. And from there the ability to preview all the meshes in the Mesh folder with their materials. And it would really be awesome if i can drag that mesh from the Asset Browser and it will automatically have the Entity-Mesh attached.
UnlimitedPanda
Skyline Novice

Postby SolarPortal » 09 Mar 2014, 20:11

Hi Guys,
just thought i would share something and update this feature request. Currently heavy (WIP) and may change a fair bit.

we are currently creating the "Asset manager" which will depreciate the "Preset Manager".
In this manager, you will be able to see most skyline file types(preset, xPreset, meshes, materials, skeletons, particles etc...) aswell as textures, max, psd, and lots more.

It uses an explorer view of your harddrive with instant access to any folder without any waiting time, apart from the thumbnails being generated for meshes etc...

Also we are building the ability to drag filetypes into the scene and interact or spawn new objects.

Features list to follow soon. This is only a sneak preview. :P
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Return to Feature Requests