For any feature requests to either the Skyline Engine or the websites and forums please leave your suggestion here.

Assets A-Z

Assets A-Z

Postby TattieBoJangle » 21 Dec 2016, 03:42

I'm sure I have asked for this before but would it be possible to have the asset lib to assort from A-Z or even by type as sometimes its a mess with say the model at the top and the texture a way down the bottom but with there names they should be beside each other :lol:
Case: CM Storm Trooper CPU: I7 5930k X99 Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Graphics: Asus GTX 1080 Motherboard: Rampage Extreme V x99 Ram: RipJaws DDR4 3000mhz Storage: x2 SSD Crucial 500GB + x5 2TB Hdd PSU: Evga 1500w OS: Windows 10
TattieBoJangle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer
Skill: Great creative

Re: Assets A-Z

Postby SolarPortal » 21 Dec 2016, 11:29

aha! Asset manager improvements lol :P

i thought it did go A-Z as it shows mesh, texture, materials etc.. in different positions, so its certainly not type based...
not entirely sure off the top of my head.. lol :P
Skyline is that big now that remembering every single detail in the engine is impossible when programming :lol:

This is something that can definitely be looked at as well as a search on the asset library haha :P Something we have wanted :)
The other plan with the library is too display all the files without a picture so they load in quickly, then go back through using threading to place the images on to speed up the waiting of files at the bottom.

We tend to use the filtering system and shut off the other types we dont need to see to minimize what is displayed, such as show meshes only etc...
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Return to Feature Requests