For any feature requests to either the Skyline Engine or the websites and forums please leave your suggestion here.

Character collision and entity components

Character collision and entity components

Postby SpiderMack » 06 Oct 2017, 00:16

Hi,

Testing Fps with zombie, if you fire it between legs on empty space it is hit :(

It is possible to have some auto ragdoll feature making automatically collisions we can adjust ?

Also the main issue is Skyline does not support multiple collision per entity unlike Unity for example :(

Should Skyline adopt some real "Entity Component" system lot more flexible like Unity ?
(This is something towards CryEngine and Lumbertard are heading)

The actual entity limited to one Physix component only looks very limited in terms of gameplay and collision composition that could be done.
SpiderMack
Skyline Expert

Skill: Concept artist
Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: Level Designer
Skill: Scripter

Re: Character collision and entity components

Postby SpiderMack » 06 Oct 2017, 08:07

Keeping actual Skyline feature "One physix collision component per object" , i think there would be a way to have multiple collision per character using Prefabs.
This means the ability to drag and drop collision objects with non visible material as child of character object.
but only when Prefab system with child objects drag and drop (and armature support) will be available :lol:
SpiderMack
Skyline Expert

Postby epsilonion » 06 Oct 2017, 08:52

I did mention hit boxes in the past so that a head shot is a kill shot body shot may take 2 or 3 shots etc, maybe even arm and leg shots..

This would be great so in a player dead GUI you could show a graphic where the kill shot hit the body.. :)

Just an idea like but to have something like this built in or actions like this would make it a lot easier to implement for newer users.. :P
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Skill: Business Manager
Skill: Great creative

Postby SolarPortal » 06 Oct 2017, 10:29

Hit boxes are most certainly planned, but we are just focused on completing the engine for v1.0 and then start looking into more advanced features.

Skyline has a long journey ahead of it and a lot of cool and necessary features to add.

I personally have wanted this so we can have creatures like Elephants and other larger creatures which a capsule most certainly cannot cover properly haha :P

Fear not, most of what you think we need is already planned for after the release and we want skyline to be as complete a tool as any if not more ;)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer

Postby SpiderMack » 06 Oct 2017, 11:03

SolarPortal wrote:Hit boxes are most certainly planned, but we are just focused on completing the engine for v1.0 and then start looking into more advanced features.

Skyline has a long journey ahead of it and a lot of cool and necessary features to add.

It's just some sort of reminder about what i would need to make some game i posted here.
No hurry or worry, i have no game in the makings with Skyline Beta :lol:
(and i think animation callbacks, perfabs and objects parenting would be priority)
SpiderMack
Skyline Expert

Postby SolarPortal » 06 Oct 2017, 11:38

excellent :) Glad to hear you comfortable with the timeframes :)

(and i think animation callbacks, perfabs and objects parenting would be priority)

oh yeah, high high priority :P
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer

Return to Feature Requests