For any feature requests to either the Skyline Engine or the websites and forums please leave your suggestion here.

Terrain resize

Terrain resize

Postby howler » 19 Apr 2014, 12:59

This might be possible, but I'm not seeing an obvious way to do it. Can we have a way to resize existing terrain please? If I've spent hours designing my terrain and find the size isn't right it'd be nice to be able to resize it accordingly without starting from scratch. I can change the numbers in the terrain size box, but it only seems it'll take effect on hitting the "new terrain" button (which I can only hit after deleting the current terrain).
howler
Skyline Ensen

Re: Terrain resize

Postby SolarPortal » 19 Apr 2014, 19:21

we have had users ask for terrain resizing before.

If we kept the same mesh resolution and the same blend map resolutions, then the size of the terrain could be rescaled and also rescale the height of each vertex to match, therefore it would look like a uniform scaling.

The only problem is if you change the resolutions, then there are more or less vertices/pixels than what you worked with originally.

I might have a go at the resizing though with same resolution. :D
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Postby howler » 19 Apr 2014, 23:31

Sorry, I searched the forums and didn't find anything about terrain resizing. I think it would be nice to have at some point though.
howler
Skyline Ensen

Postby SolarPortal » 20 Apr 2014, 10:45

np, it has been discussed through support email. We did implement a heightmap export as a last resort to keep the terrain looking semi identical.
And we also have a paint layer coverage map export / import aswell.
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Return to Feature Requests