For any feature requests to either the Skyline Engine or the websites and forums please leave your suggestion here.

Base type of object as read only Entity Base property

Base type of object as read only Entity Base property

Postby howler » 20 Apr 2014, 14:42

I'm not sure of the correct terminology here, but here's what I'm thinking.
As a newbie looking at the tech demos, there are times when it's not clear what a particular item is. This makes it difficult to work out what the scene's comprised of, and hence, how to replicate whatever the scene is doing for yourself as you're not sure what the correct basic building blocks are. Eg. if the scene contains a sphere, was it created using a sphere "basic geometry" object, a "PHYSX THROW TEST" object, or via some other mechanism. Was a road created using the road tool, or imported as a mesh?

My thought is that when an object is created, a read-only property is listed under Entity Base which lists the basic entity type for this entity (eg. basic geometry object, imported mesh, spline node, etc) for informational purposes. It might not be used often enough to warrant adding, or it might not be necessary when version 1.0 rolls around and there's documentation/videos showing everything etc, so feel free to turf the idea if you don't think it'll add much benefit.
howler
Skyline Ensen

Return to Feature Requests