For any feature requests to either the Skyline Engine or the websites and forums please leave your suggestion here.

Editor camera view keyboard shortcuts / reset option

Editor camera view keyboard shortcuts / reset option

Postby howler » 08 Aug 2014, 13:52

It would be helpful if we could have the camera views in the editor (top/bottom/front etc) give that view centered on the currently selected object. It would be handy if it preserved the distance you were from the object when you changed the camera view - currently it seems to move the camera a very long way away from the object which I'm not finding the most helpful.

Can we get some keyboard shortcuts (maybe on the keypad) assigned to the camera views? I couldn't find them if they're already in place. I know they're already under the camera view button, but maybe we could also get them on a sub menu under the camera menu as well? (Maybe that's overkill though).

Also, can we have a camera menu option and keyboard shortcut to take the camera back to 0,0,0. It looks like there's a menu option for jumping to a camera bookmark, but I think it would be good to have an automatic bookmark at 0,0,0. As a long term feature, it might be handy to have a setting to change between preserving the camera's current rotation and resetting it as part of the 0,0,0 reset (my guess is that resetting the rotation would be desired 99.99% of the time though).
howler
Skyline Ensen

Return to Feature Requests