For any feature requests to either the Skyline Engine or the websites and forums please leave your suggestion here.

New translation gizmo modifications

New translation gizmo modifications

Postby howler » 16 Aug 2014, 14:15

Hi Guys,
A few requests :
1) If a grid snapping unit is chosen, can you please automatically enable grid snapping?
2) Can you make the resize widget respect grid snapping? Currently only translation respects it.
3) In the snap units/rotation angle sub-menus, can you please highlight the currently selected option (eg. if we're currently rotating in 90 degree increments, can you please have a tick or something in the menu to show that's the currently selected option)
4) Can you make the mouse icon not move when you're using the rotation/translation/resize gizmos in reference to the gizmo's final position? eg. If you're rotating, the mouse arrow shouldn't move as you rotate the object, if you're translating, the mouse arrow should stay on the same location on the widget as it was when you started the translation.
5) Currently if you're using the widget and press shift to create a copy of the current object, only the first shift depress is respected. I'd like to be able to press the mouse button down once then shift multiple times and have multiple items created.

Thanks!
howler
Skyline Ensen

Re: New translation gizmo modifications

Postby SolarPortal » 16 Aug 2014, 17:15

sure, they sound like good improvements. :D
When we made the gizmo, we needed to get a working version.
Now as with all the other features; it can be refined to become more polished.
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Postby StevenP » 14 Apr 2015, 01:47

Was the feature to snap to grid for resizing ever added? That would be a very handy features.
StevenP
Skyline Apprentice

Postby SolarPortal » 14 Apr 2015, 08:20

no, i don't think so yet. The scaling does not work on the same unit scaling. Scaling is simply a cumulative value that is relative to the size of the object. I suppose we could work some system out based on bounds size(get the dimensions of an object) though.
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Return to Feature Requests