For any feature requests to either the Skyline Engine or the websites and forums please leave your suggestion here.

Copy objects

Copy objects

Postby Ellement » 13 Nov 2012, 12:32

Hi, hi can i copy(Duplicate) an entity inside the Scene Entity editor? I have added an Action to my Object. I want to duplicate that object 20 times but in different way.

1: First way: Duplicate 1 object with all its properties , and the duplicates can be managed independently.

2:Second Way: Duplicate(instance) 1 object with all properties , and by changing 1 object's properties will change all of them

it would be great if there was Right click option Duplicate. It will open popup windows , where you can select how many copies , or instances you want to create and a little tick box which will say Duplicate and group.

I forgot to say , there should also be a some unit setup like every copy move to units Z5, X 0, Y 1, so all of the copies are not located at the same place, that would be suffering haha

ps; i know that shift + drag copy objects.

Ellement
Skyline Padawan

Re: Copy objects

Postby StarFire » 13 Nov 2012, 13:55

I have added this to the to-do list so at some point we can look at other ways to duplicate objects. I like the idea of the instance option ; )
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Great creative
Skill: Programmer
Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer

Return to Feature Requests