For any feature requests to either the Skyline Engine or the websites and forums please leave your suggestion here.

in engine wizards system

in engine wizards system

Postby lordalmighty1 » 30 Jan 2015, 14:40

ok so what I mean by an in engine wizard system is a system of wizard setup programs for adding new parts to your game, that's in away a tutorial on how to do things with skyline.
for example, this sort of thing would actively change settings and add features to any users current scene or game while teaching them the layout of the actual engine and its more professional tools sets uses, like the actions centre for instance.
from start to finish it could add a character give it collision make it a player and give it other needed attributes to function right. this would mainly speed up workflow for new users of the software while a video tutorial or manual would take time away from it. could cover all the basic and advanced learning curves of the engine?.

I can grab a software game editor and show you an what I mean in a youtube vid if needed, it was great for so many things in the aurora engine that was used for such games as neverwinter nights for pc back in the day, ( made by bioware I think)
I would love to see this in skyline for the hobbyist learner community like me..
lordalmighty1
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Skill: Great creative
Skill: Level Designer

Re: in engine wizards system

Postby StarFire » 30 Jan 2015, 14:56

very good idea, we have chatted about a similar system in the past as it would be of great help to the artist which is who we wanted to bring into skyline. There are many programmer orientated game developer applications but none that really provide the high end features aimed at the artist creative types.

I will have a look at a design and system once the visual editor is up and running ( along with a particle system overhaul ) ;)
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Programmer
Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist

Postby lordalmighty1 » 30 Jan 2015, 15:18

cool thanks :D
lordalmighty1
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Postby lordalmighty1 » 31 Jan 2015, 13:13

ok some basic ideas for wizards to guide the user through processes of game making.

map changing wizard, mapA to mapB
player character wizard (1st person/3rd person views)
enemy character wizard (fps/fantasy ie enemy with gun, enemy with sword or other)
npc non hostile wizard
importing asset wizard

just a few to get you started of course there are plenty more areas that a wizard can help with of varying stages of difficulty.
inventory screen
quest giving/accepting/completing
lordalmighty1
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Postby SolarPortal » 31 Jan 2015, 13:20

good ideas :)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer

Return to Feature Requests