For any feature requests to either the Skyline Engine or the websites and forums please leave your suggestion here.

Multiplayer

Multiplayer

Postby Ellement » 19 Nov 2012, 23:40

When do you plan to add multiplayer cababilities ? some simple one so we can test our game over lan?
Ellement
Skyline Padawan

Re: Multiplayer

Postby StarFire » 20 Nov 2012, 00:01

Yes we do have networking planned this will be explored after the physics has been worked on. We have planned for multi player, co-op and cloud development. This last feature will enable developers to work on the same scene and see each others updates ( including adding assets and terrain editing), great for international shared project development. This section will also add communications for team members such as chat/im inside Skyline. :ugeek:
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Great creative
Skill: Programmer
Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer

Postby Ellement » 20 Nov 2012, 00:07

wow , brilliant :o
Ellement
Skyline Padawan

Postby necdel » 14 Dec 2012, 23:52

That is great, was a turn off for me in the past with engines not having some form of network code ready to go. Seems like that should be a given. Great news. Collaborative sessions is a nice feature as well.
necdel
Skyline Apprentice

Postby Nobby » 15 Dec 2012, 18:11

NightHawk wrote:This last feature will enable developers to work on the same scene and see each others updates ( including adding assets and terrain editing), great for international shared project development.

btw ... Essenthel 2.0 will also have this really helpfull teamwork feature ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xACb-0tl5I
(begin at 5:00 min, left window shows network scene developer #1, right shows #2)

never seen such a feature before ... would be really great to get it with Sykline anytime ...
Nobby
Skyline Initiate

Postby Shando » 15 Mar 2013, 01:48

We have planned for multi player, co-op and cloud development.

That is just what I wanted to hear :P

Will the multi-player stuff be driven by a separate server a la ShiVa, or will it be integrated into Skyline?

Regards

Shando

PS: The more I search through the forums, and see some of the stuff you guys have planned, the more I think that Skyline is going to be one hell of an engine :twisted:
Shando
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Skill: Scripter

Postby SolarPortal » 15 Mar 2013, 11:09

Will the multi-player stuff be driven by a separate server a la ShiVa, or will it be integrated into Skyline?

At the moment, we are integrating it into skyline, like multiplayer LAN

PS: The more I search through the forums, and see some of the stuff you guys have planned, the more I think that Skyline is going to be one hell of an engine

Thanks for the support :D
We are wanting to provide the best/quickest ToolSets/Workflows for making games that can be considered pro to the indie/hobbyist without extorting people by having a massive price tag, this will then hopefully reduce the huge gap that separates the corporate giants/publishers and the indie/hobbyist market.
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Postby Shando » 17 Mar 2013, 01:15

G'day,

Thinking of the multiplayer stuff, I was looking into playing LAN games over the internet and found this:

http://www.evolvehq.com

Looks pretty good, though you do have to propose games to get them added.

Does anyone have any experience of it? or, does anyone know of another (preferably free) solution, for up to 4-6 players, that may work (I've looked at Hamachi and I believe it has a few problems with Win 7 & 8)??

Regards

Shando
Shando
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Postby Shando » 02 Dec 2013, 05:46

Hi Guys,

I know it's probably not a priority at the moment, but do you have any idea of what multiplayer system you are planning to integrate??

Thanks

Shando
Shando
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Postby StarFire » 02 Dec 2013, 10:10

Hey Shando, we do have a basic integration of Raknet currently in Skyline. We are still doing some tests but so far we have a client to client chat and some basic cloud scene editing where changes made to the scene appear in the other developers editor. Still a lot more to do before we let it our publically hopefully it wont be too long now ;)
StarFire
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Great creative

Postby Shando » 02 Dec 2013, 10:18

Cool 8-)

The game I'm working on is a multi-player only, so I'll see what I can dig up on Raknet and await more info.

Regards

Shando
Shando
Skyline Moderator
Skyline Moderator

Return to Feature Requests