For any feature requests to either the Skyline Engine or the websites and forums please leave your suggestion here.

Terrain Ramp tool

Terrain Ramp tool

Postby AuShadow » 19 Feb 2015, 16:45

Another tool for Terrain editing that would be cool to have would be a ramp tool, so click on part of the terrain and drag to another and release and then the engine would create a gradual ramp from the point of click to the point of release, i can provide a video of this tool in action if required
AuShadow
Skyline Ensen

Skill: Great creative

Re: Terrain Ramp tool

Postby SolarPortal » 19 Feb 2015, 16:51

this is like the bulldoze tool on l3dt right.

We have plans for sprucing the terrain editing up even more, so we will add this tool when we are there.

For now, you can simply add a road. Add 2 node points, deform the terrain to the road surface and then delete the road leaving the terrain tweaks. This should give you the desired effect. :D
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Postby AuShadow » 19 Feb 2015, 17:49

Here is a very poor quality video i just smashed together of a ramp tool, Very low quality and jumpy video was to get filesize as small as possible for quick upload but you can see the tool create the ramps well enough, the second tool used was just a smoothing tool to clean the ramp edges

AuShadow
Skyline Ensen

Skill: Great creative

Postby SolarPortal » 19 Feb 2015, 18:02

yes, its what i thought, i will add it to the roadmap :)

Edit: heres the link: https://trello.com/c/LmMUUYeO/194-terrain-editing-ramp-tool
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Return to Feature Requests