For any feature requests to either the Skyline Engine or the websites and forums please leave your suggestion here.

PC Animations

PC Animations

Postby TattieBoJangle » 21 Feb 2015, 20:34

Hi can we get more actions added to the PC Animations i have noticed that crouch and prone is always at none even if your character has the animations, it would also be good to get a few more like

Death
Reload
Crawl
Talk
Attack1
Attack2
ClimbUp
ClimbDown
Talk
Sit
Sleep

This should cover the basic needs of a character.
Case: CM Storm Trooper CPU: I7 5930k X99 Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Graphics: Asus GTX 1080 Motherboard: Rampage Extreme V x99 Ram: RipJaws DDR4 3000mhz Storage: x2 SSD Crucial 500GB + x5 2TB Hdd PSU: Evga 1500w OS: Windows 10
TattieBoJangle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Level Designer
Skill: Great creative

Re: PC Animations

Postby SolarPortal » 21 Feb 2015, 20:57

Yes, its an ongoing mechanic that keeps getting evolved. But the thing to understand with skyline is that when the user wants more power, then its time for scripting :) Currently, you could implement all those extra mechanics onto the character by scripting them in lua using the MicroScripts or External Scripts (Visual Scripting is in development).

However we feel that the "Physx Player Controller" should be able to handle more that just the basic walking & running. It should power swimming, climbing, rolling etc.. These are fine to add onto this action. We can also set up extra combo boxes for all the other animations, so they can be accessed from any other action but they aren't controlled in this action.

Prone & Crouch are not yet working, which is why they default to "None". We need to be able to rescale the controllers height for crouching and prone.

I didn't mention the Death or attacking animation for that action though, this is because the "Physx Player Controller" action is for locomotion only and It does not handle Damage, health, Attacking etc... These are handled on the "FPS System Player" & "Damage System" Actions. Its done this way because AI that use the "Simple Character Controller" Action need to access the same ability's without code reproduction. :D

Edit: The best way to think of it, is that the actions have to accomodate all player types, whether it is FPS, TP, RPG Character, or just a simple box moving around the level. :) But it doesn't mean we can't improve our actions so they handle more. :D
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Programmer

Postby TattieBoJangle » 21 Feb 2015, 21:46

Fair enough can you point me to the PhysX Player Controller lua or is part hard coded.
Case: CM Storm Trooper CPU: I7 5930k X99 Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Graphics: Asus GTX 1080 Motherboard: Rampage Extreme V x99 Ram: RipJaws DDR4 3000mhz Storage: x2 SSD Crucial 500GB + x5 2TB Hdd PSU: Evga 1500w OS: Windows 10
TattieBoJangle
Community Manager
Community Manager

Skill: Great creative

Postby SolarPortal » 22 Feb 2015, 11:59

part hardcoded, but you can edit the entire character.
Simply open the micro script attached to the FPS Character and start programming in there. You will notice that there is already a reload function where you could start from :)

If you want to start from scratch building your own FPS, then use the "Simple Character Controller".

If you need any help, then just ask us. There are a few members who can already LUA script in skyline quite well who may also help you :D

But we will also upgrade the actions when we get a chance to make this task easier. :)

Edit: I think i will make an action which is just animation combo boxes for each major animation type a player would have, then in the script use a lua command to get the animation name, so 1 script would easily work for all characters and different animation sets. :)
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: Programmer

Return to Feature Requests