For any feature requests to either the Skyline Engine or the websites and forums please leave your suggestion here.

Drag box (multi select)

Drag box (multi select)

Postby epsilonion » 19 Mar 2015, 09:52

It would make making scenes easier if there was a way of dragging a multi select box on the main editor screen, Shift + control to select on the scene entity list with control + c (copy), control + v (paste).

I believe it would make the scene creation process a lot faster for copying and pasting assets, characters with there edited properties for scenes where you use the assets, etc multiple times.
epsilonion
Skyline Lead Moderator
Skyline Lead Moderator

Skill: Business Manager
Skill: Great creative

Re: Drag box (multi select)

Postby SolarPortal » 19 Mar 2015, 12:21

haha.. lol :P We have had this on the board to do as its quite important, and we need multi select for multi preset saving.
There are also many more scene editing improvements we have planned, but it is a matter of time. lol :P

For copy and paste, you can use "ctrl + d". This duplicated the selected object and places it wherever the camera is looking.
You can also hold "shift+LMB drag", to duplicate a new entity again at the location of the selected entity.

So, the best i can say for this feature request, is that it is planned in and will happen. It is a higher priority job than some, but doesn't stop the scene from being able to be edited atm.
Skyline Game Engine - Lead Dev.
Please provide as much info as possible when asking for help.

Specs: OS: Win 10 64bit, CPU: Intel i7 4770 3.4ghz x 4 core(8 threads), GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, Ram: 16gig DDR3, Windows on 250gb Samsung Evo 860

Twitter: @SolarPortal
Instagram: @SolarPortal
SolarPortal
Skyline Founder
Skyline Founder

Skill: 3D Modeller
Skill: 2D Artist
Skill: Programmer
Skill: Level Designer

Return to Feature Requests